Help getting it running

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help getting it running
Went to finally start my car tonight after fitting a new engine, and it wouldn't tick over and chucked out white smoke, first thing that came to mind was timing, even though I was 99% sure it was done properly. All checked over twice and timing seems good, so now thinking it maybe one of the following things?
- Air in fuel...I have an inline filter, the grenade takes ages to go hard, then about a minute later it's completely soft again.
- pump advance...It's currently sat in the middle of it's slots, surely that's not causing it?
- The pump has not been used since my last engine died in mid september, maybe being sat has caused it to play up? What should I look for if I take the top off, rust?

Hope it's fixable without changing the pump tbh!
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
What did the smoke smell like, did the car sound normal, how long did you run it for.
Thanks given by:
Think it was unburnt fuel, sounded like it was missing, a lot of hunting and wouldn't run without throttle. Only ran for about 4 or 5 seconds.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Try giving it some advanced, move the pump towards the intercooler
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
I will try tomorrow, would having the pump too retarded really cause it to run so rough though?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Will check over the timing tomorrow. Would a faulty grenade cause this sort of thing?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by: