Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What do I do when I get bored?
#1
Yesterday I thought it'd be cool to drive all around Europe, so I booked tickets for the ferry to France.

I am now getting ready for the 15.40 sailing from Dover today, and will be spending the next 4 days driving around Europe in my trusty Dturbo.

I can't wait!
Car history (starting Jan 2012):

106 1.1 Zest2 (Scrapped)
206 1.1 (Sold)
306 Dturbo (Totaled)
BMW 318i E46 (Sold)
306 Dturbo (Engine failure)
306 HDi Estate (Sold)
306 Dturbo in black (Sold)
205 1.9 GTI (Sold)
Golf GT TDI
#2
Nice one mate Smile bring back some nice spec 306 parts back with you from france Wink



#3
When I saw the thread title I was going to suggest "have a wank"
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
#4
Pick me up some headlight washers from a 306 at the side of the road plz bbz

ta
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
#5
(17-11-2012, 11:22 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: Pick me up some headlight washers from a 306 at the side of the road plz bbz

ta





THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^ pop into a frech pug dealer and get us some ph3 head light washers Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

#6
That's kinda cool Smile
#7
Group buy on ph3 headlight washers?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
#8
(17-11-2012, 11:31 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: Group buy on ph3 headlight washers?


Im down for that Smile



#9
Can order all the parts nesseary from pug in the uk if needs be unless some of them are now nfp'd

Although I do what a lhd drivers side sun visor.
[Image: sig.jpg]
#10
Well, I'm back. I have loads of pictures from the trip but here's one I took on my phone... I can't be bothered to upload from my camera now, just want to go to bed!

[Image: 57556_10151272253318896_511419504_o.jpg]
8,000ft above sea level.

3,111.2 miles round trip, through the likes of Hemel Hempstead, Kent, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, Slovakia, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, more Germany and France, Kent, Essex and Back home in Buckinghamshire.

The best bit had to be driving up the mountain in the Austrian Alps Big Grin
Car history (starting Jan 2012):

106 1.1 Zest2 (Scrapped)
206 1.1 (Sold)
306 Dturbo (Totaled)
BMW 318i E46 (Sold)
306 Dturbo (Engine failure)
306 HDi Estate (Sold)
306 Dturbo in black (Sold)
205 1.9 GTI (Sold)
Golf GT TDI
#11
I WANT TO DO THISSS!!!!!!
[Image: jhhjjhjhjh.jpg]
#12
Awesome, how much do you recon it cost you all in? Seems like a awesome trip!
On the 306 waiting list.
#13
Looks great, especially that view Smile
#14
Fair play to you bud - epic trip and can't wait to see the pics and read more on the trip - hope you kept a travelogue?
#15
Awesome! I'm travelling at the moment but my next trip is Definatly going to be an epic road trip Big Grin
#16
I reckon that would be about 6 tankfuls, so about £480?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
#17
Fair play mate, that's awesome Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#18
And nothing broke!?!?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
#19
I hope you are proficient in a variety of languages! How did it feel driving on the right hand side? Did you get used to it? What was the fastest you drove on the autobahn?
#20
really does define 'Epic Road Trip' Big Grin
#21
Sounds awesome this. Me and my dad planned to do this when I turned 18 for the munic beer fest with a manger rally group but I couldn't get insurance for it. Plus we had a 2.5 rear wheel drive omega :p.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
#22
Fair play to you matey, looks epic, look forward to seeing the rest of the photos.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...



#23
(22-11-2012, 02:06 AM)Jake Wrote: Awesome, how much do you recon it cost you all in? Seems like a awesome trip!


Just under a grand I think, didn't really budget for it. Could have been cheaper but thrashing it on the motorways/Autobahn really did eat fuel.

(22-11-2012, 09:10 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: I reckon that would be about 6 tankfuls, so about £480?


Around that amount, yeah.

(22-11-2012, 02:10 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: And nothing broke!?!?

Split one of the fuel lines coming down from the tank, but that's fixed now. It was a minor leak and drove over 800 miles with it ruptured.

(22-11-2012, 02:23 PM)306Puggy Wrote: I hope you are proficient in a variety of languages! How did it feel driving on the right hand side? Did you get used to it? What was the fastest you drove on the autobahn?


Got her up to 124, only the gearing limiting it further, plus the temperature needle was visibly going up to over 100'c, so I lifted off at that point!
Car history (starting Jan 2012):

106 1.1 Zest2 (Scrapped)
206 1.1 (Sold)
306 Dturbo (Totaled)
BMW 318i E46 (Sold)
306 Dturbo (Engine failure)
306 HDi Estate (Sold)
306 Dturbo in black (Sold)
205 1.9 GTI (Sold)
Golf GT TDI
#24
so... anyone feeling a forum trip? Tongue
#25
Amazing picture, really want to do that. what did you do for accommodation?
[Image: 65613_10200761612710317_1548698655_n_zps68c27004.jpg]

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
#26
(22-11-2012, 06:51 PM)SRowell Wrote: so... anyone feeling a forum trip? Tongue


sounds like a plan!
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
#27
(22-11-2012, 07:18 PM)martyn92 Wrote: Amazing picture, really want to do that. what did you do for accommodation?

Car of course Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
#28
(22-11-2012, 07:18 PM)martyn92 Wrote: Amazing picture, really want to do that. what did you do for accommodation?


As above!

One from the camera too...
[Image: 8208582953_f1014b3e3e_h.jpg]
Car history (starting Jan 2012):

106 1.1 Zest2 (Scrapped)
206 1.1 (Sold)
306 Dturbo (Totaled)
BMW 318i E46 (Sold)
306 Dturbo (Engine failure)
306 HDi Estate (Sold)
306 Dturbo in black (Sold)
205 1.9 GTI (Sold)
Golf GT TDI
#29
You do this in derv or perv?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
#30
(22-11-2012, 09:33 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: You do this in derv or perv?

DervTurbo!
Car history (starting Jan 2012):

106 1.1 Zest2 (Scrapped)
206 1.1 (Sold)
306 Dturbo (Totaled)
BMW 318i E46 (Sold)
306 Dturbo (Engine failure)
306 HDi Estate (Sold)
306 Dturbo in black (Sold)
205 1.9 GTI (Sold)
Golf GT TDI


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  friday & bored daddyfixit 2 3,643 08-03-2019, 09:44 PM
Last Post: daddyfixit
  friday & bored daddyfixit 3 4,323 05-12-2018, 02:50 AM
Last Post: Dave
  friday & bored daddyfixit 3 3,913 02-11-2018, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Danny Wideboy

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)