205 DT vs CTR

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 DT vs CTR
Aye so the EK.

Regardless of a Type R badge or not, 170bhp in a Civic that age is always going to be quick. It just gets overlooked because it doesn't have Type R on the side of it.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
oh i know that for a start hahaha spend abit of money on them and there just as quick IMHO but back on topic a b16 civic would be quicker than a 6 even if the 6 had 7bhp more standard
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
I thought the EK VTi put out 160bhp? The Civic that looked like a Rover 400 had a 170bhp de-tuned B18 lump IIRC. Wanted one myself for a while! Either way the VTi's are quick, was saving for a Jordan before I got my first GTi6 and the rest is history lol
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
think thats what it was pete the VTI dohc engine?
Thanks given by:
Everyone has got slightly distracted. It's not about '6s, it's all about the Durbo. Wink
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2012, 09:10 PM)Matty Wrote: Everyone has got slightly distracted. It's not about '6s, it's all about the Durbo. Wink

the man speaks truth!
Thanks given by:
True. I think we can all agree; 6's are slow, XUD's in smalls cars are win. Agreed? TMI
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
ninja
Thanks given by:
Agreed.

...No abuse......

yet. Blush
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2012, 09:10 PM)Matty Wrote: Everyone has got slightly distracted. It's not about '6s, it's all about the Durbo. Wink

I was waiting to read this.
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2012, 10:32 AM)Toms306 Wrote: 0-60 on CTRs is gonna be crap as you have to wait till about 6k before any power, thats 5k of waiting while the other car is pulling away.......It'll easy take a lot of 'normal' cars top end though.

Feeling 'quick' is all in the mind of the driver though. Liam, you seem to think a lot of cars are 'quick' or atleast 'not underpowered' (standard HDi for example) whereas to me they feel unbelievably slow, even on a stage 1 I don't find them 'quick' at all. And i often see posts where someone has said how 'quick' thier 1.6/1.8/HDi is, depends entirely on the user tbh.

Right, first of all, 0-60 on a CTR is apparently 6.6, and having driven one I can believe that. They aren't actually bad in mid-range although they are gutless below 3k.

Secondly, you don't understand what I mean when I talk about a car not being underpowered. A HDI isn't underpowered, it keeps up with modern traffic just fine and can do 100+mph, how is that underpowered? My mates '82 coach built Transit motorhome with its 1.6 pinto is underpowered, because it can just about hold 60mph until it sees any kind of hill, then it's 40mph, that's underpowered.

The HDI feels slow because you've gone from 165-170bhp to 110bhp. A standard XUD isn't underpowered, but it felt that way after the 200bhp Skoda...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwJTpoe00ZQ
Thanks given by:
I remember reading the specs on those 2 cars some where else, apparently that 205 have 170bhp and the Civic 220bhp (cammed or something). Well played 205.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
205's are so much win, one day I shall have one!
Thanks given by:
http://youtu.be/vcX90R13u9M

That 205 is a petrol? Amirite?
Thanks given by:
Ek9s are brilliant motors.... not my preferred power delivery but they are under estimated

Them 205s are giving them a good run!!! Rolling start off lift the type r is going to struggle to get into it stride against a lighter boosted car

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by: