Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Swaps: 40mm springs(DT) for my cyclones
#1
Big Grin 
Will be getting rid of my 'clones pretty soon (couple of weeks-ish) And instead of just selling them I would rather swap for some good 40mm springs for a Dturbo.

Anyone have any they want to swap? Would obviously be collection/meet up sort of thing.

Cyclones aren't in the best nick, few scuffs, needs at least 2 tyres etc. Can get pictures if anyone is interested? Located MK18.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
#2
I will swap you for some 40mm gti ones Tongue

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

#3
sure you don't want 50?
#4
40mm gti ones won't quite lower it as much because the gti lump is heavier than a DT lump
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
#5
(03-09-2012, 11:50 AM)vlj Wrote: sure you don't want 50?

You have 50mm ones then?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
#6
(03-09-2012, 12:33 PM)Ricky Wrote:
(03-09-2012, 11:50 AM)vlj Wrote: sure you don't want 50?

You have 50mm ones then?

Yep! Been in my breaking thread for ages now
#7
Ok yeah happy to swap with them if you are?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
#8
Chuck me a PM mate
#9
(03-09-2012, 12:16 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: 40mm gti ones won't quite lower it as much because the gti lump is heavier than a DT lump

Aahhh chuck a couple concrete blocks under the bonnet lol.Tongue

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

#10
ive got some almost new spax 40mm springs that will go on a tub nicely. not really interested in the clones but you can have the springs for £35 delivered. only used for 2 months
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#11
I would have them if I had money spare at the minute!
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
#12
I'd be happy to pay Niall for the springs and have the wheels off you? Smile
#13
(04-09-2012, 10:28 PM)Scott Wrote: I'd be happy to pay Niall for the springs and have the wheels off you? Smile

Think I'd rather just take the wheels!
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#14
Are you ok to come collect the wheels?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
#15
Yeah I could do Smile Possibly even this weekend actually, Kim mentioned about going to Bicester so I could meet you there on Sunday maybe?

Niall you gay you just said you're not interested in them!
#16
Erm, if I manage to get my new wheels on saturday then yeah that's fine, although I wouldn't be about on Sunday during the day because of work Sad
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
#17
No problem. Well I'm seeing Niall this weekend so if he wants to sell his springs then I'll take them off him and give him the money, and will sort something out with you for another time Smile
#18
(04-09-2012, 10:34 PM)Scott Wrote: Yeah I could do Smile Possibly even this weekend actually, Kim mentioned about going to Bicester so I could meet you there on Sunday maybe?

Niall you gay you just said you're not interested in them!

I know....if it was anyone else, it would be fine! Big Grin
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#19
OK Smile If you could do Sunday 15th then I would be happy to drive out and meet you somewhere closer to you? (not too far, i'm poor Big Grin)
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
#20
lol

Okay, I'll give you the £35 at the weekend and a dutch rudder then.

Ricky - I'm pretty sure I'm busy on the 15th actually mate. We can sort it out by PM/phone though if that's easier?
#21
Will PM. Smile
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
#22
(04-09-2012, 09:08 AM)puglove Wrote:
(03-09-2012, 12:16 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: 40mm gti ones won't quite lower it as much because the gti lump is heavier than a DT lump

Aahhh chuck a couple concrete blocks under the bonnet lol.:P

As stupid as it sounds; someone done this once to "lower" the rear of their car for a car show, can't remember who exactly but it was over on .net a year or so ago

:s
Phaes 1 GTI 6  -  Onyx Black
#23
I remember that, red ph1 paving slabs
#24
You have PM Scott..
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
#25
(04-09-2012, 10:40 PM)Niall Wrote:
(04-09-2012, 10:34 PM)Scott Wrote: Yeah I could do Smile Possibly even this weekend actually, Kim mentioned about going to Bicester so I could meet you there on Sunday maybe?

Niall you gay you just said you're not interested in them!

I know....if it was anyone else, it would be fine! Big Grin

I will buy them off you and swap then Tongue

(04-09-2012, 11:08 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(04-09-2012, 09:08 AM)puglove Wrote:
(03-09-2012, 12:16 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: 40mm gti ones won't quite lower it as much because the gti lump is heavier than a DT lump

Aahhh chuck a couple concrete blocks under the bonnet lol.Tongue

As stupid as it sounds; someone done this once to "lower" the rear of their car for a car show, can't remember who exactly but it was over on .net a year or so ago

Confused

.NET enough said right?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!



Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wanted: 40mm lowering springs gti6/hdi ozonehostile 1 2,372 27-12-2015, 08:58 PM
Last Post: roland rat
Star 40mm lowering springs asap Cbray2003 0 1,636 09-01-2015, 10:51 PM
Last Post: Cbray2003
  Wanted: 60mm or 40mm lowering springs Nathan1305 6 4,342 02-07-2014, 07:31 AM
Last Post: Nathan1305

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)