Low entry trolley jacks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low entry trolley jacks
Grant Wrote:LMAO this has gotten a tad more confusing that at first.
Dum-Dum, that jack you have looks good.

Seen this one on the bay, and although the branding is unclear, and the LEDs are a complete gimmick, it doesnt look too bad. It has all the relevant BS certifications if you look at the pictures below, and above all it looks quite sexual...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Low-Profile-Al...544wt_1037

Theyer alright those racing jacks and they definately look better. Theyer all much of a muchness between brands and youll definitely notice it being a third of the weight.

BUT

- Ive heard rumors of them felling pretty flimsy when they have alot of weight on them (side to side motion mainly) whereas my heavyweight steel one is happy with a car being battered with hammers while its up. You can see on the steel ones where they have right angled flanges on most of the flat bits to add rigidity but the ali jack dosent have this.

- The maximum lift height is a full 3 inches lower (this is probably the difference between the first peg on your axle stands and the last).

- The massive roller in the middle may prove to be a PITA, im forever having to pick stones out of the way of my jack so itll roll (being so low) and with a wider roller youll have to do this more.

- Those LED lights are definitely a gimick. If you were gonna work under your car in the dark youd need a torch anyway and i dare say youd have something much better than 6 shit LEDS.

The above is all IMO
Thanks given by:
The lights are just to see the jacking point with.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Rippthrough Wrote:The lights are just to see the jacking point with.

:clap:

Wink
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Your missing my point. If you have a lamp anyway then why do you need the leds in the jack?
Thanks given by:
No, I agree Dum. Thanks for posting that up, was a well written answer. Was just curious as to the jack as have not heard of them before, but if they arent that much cop then i wont bother and just bite the bullet...
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Grant I wouldn't touch that. I read a fair bit about them blue point race jack copies when looking for a real blue point ones and there are some pretty nasty stories about them literally falling in half when being used!
It's something I would pay money for as although you arnt stupid enough to get under the car with just a jack, you can still have a serious/fatal injury from jacking up a car not to mention the fact you might damage your car lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Oh and for anyone local if you want to have a play with my sealey jack before buying one then please feel free to pop round
Thanks given by:
Think I'm going to go for one of the blue point ones like kris'. I would love a race jack but if I'm honest, the only reason why I want one is because they look like one of the most sexual pieces of machinery I've seen to lift a car with!

[Image: 8e4bfa68.jpg]
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sealey 1250cx trolley jack Iceman299 6 2,169 06-05-2017, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Ben
  Jacks and cranes rocker8742 14 2,442 15-12-2016, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Performance French Car Competition Entry MY95 1 922 02-08-2014, 09:05 AM
Last Post: welshpug