Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Strut Top Brands
#1
Morning All,

Hit a pothole not long ago. Now when I am turning the steering it makes a clicking noise (I'm pretty sure it's the top mount)

Out of this list, what brand would people go with? I'd swing towards KYB because of the price. I know SKF probably are the best quality however.

http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/suspensi...g1180.html

Cheers,
Jack
#2
I bought a Febi one a while back.  Threads were poor and stripped out before torque value even reached.  Personally, after that experience I'd get a genuine Peugeot one - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-P...xyJ8ZRh3mp and buy some SKF bearings separately from http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/suspensi...002!T.html. (GSF or ECP will probably do them too).
#3
genuine pug or febi bilstein are what i used when i replaced all the suspension parts.
#4
I would have said Febi Bilstein... Wondering if there are fakes as I found threads ruined very quickly
Wishes for more power...
#5
Do the strut top mounts actually wear though? Of all the 306 struts I've stripped down, all have been fine being thrown back together with new bearings.
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  caliper brands Magenta Sunset 2 2,017 04-12-2015, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)