Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Petrol Radiator Fan on a Diesel
#1
Hey, guys.

I recently purchased my first Pug - a 1998 306 1.9 TD Meridian - and it's been running fantastically, all apart from the fans on the radiator not working. I unplugged the two sensors on the top of the thermostat in the hope that the engine would then presume a worst-case scenario & put the fans on all the time - but no joy there. So, I have come to the conclusion that the fans need changing.

I have found some fans at a scrap yard on a petrol model - a phase 3, I believe. They look to be the same size, and I was wondering if these fans would bolt-on to my car, or would I need to get diesel fans specifically? Also, am I correct in presuming that the fans are dead?

Many thanks

Oli
#2
if you only have two sensors on the thermostat housing then you have a non ac car and neither will control the fan
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
#3
(10-07-2016, 12:38 PM)welshpug Wrote: if you only have two sensors on the thermostat housing then you have a non ac car and neither will control the fan

Thanks for the reply. I do have the A/C model, though - it's the Meridian, and it has a button for the A/C on the centre console. Not that it works, though - presumably because of the fan not working. Will the radiator fans (the two of them) swap over from the petrol model to my diesel, do you know?
#4
Is there a blue plug on the passenger side of the radiator? That's the fan switch if so.

I believe the fans are the same so should be fine, bit make sure relays, fuses and wiring are all good before going to the effotr of changing fans.


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)