2002 206 2.0 136 misfire

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2002 206 2.0 136 misfire
UI'm Why the bloody hell did I sell my Peugeot planet Sad

Anyway, missus 136 petrol 2.0 206 has an intermittent misfire. It's quite violent at low revs when pulling away. It was serviced about 400 miles ago with new plugs. 
MOT was due so we decided to just send it for it and see what comes back as I haven't really got time currently to be looking at it. It's failed on emissions which I expected. CO was spot on, HC was spot on but lambda was 1.26 so well over. I've put it down to either coil pack or upstream lambda. Does anyone know of any common faults with these EW engine?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(19-09-2015, 08:17 PM)Niall Wrote: UI'm Why the bloody hell did I sell my Peugeot planet Sad

Anyway, missus 136 petrol 2.0 206 has an intermittent misfire. It's quite violent at low revs when pulling away. It was serviced about 400 miles ago with new plugs. 
MOT was due so we decided to just send it for it and see what comes back as I haven't really got time currently to be looking at it. It's failed on emissions which I expected. CO was spot on, HC was spot on but lambda was 1.26 so well over. I've put it down to either coil pack or upstream lambda. Does anyone know of any common faults with these EW engine?

Hey Niall - if you wanna borrow mine, let me know.
Thanks given by:
So would it be lean misfiring then? It failing on NOx emissions or where you just told emissions?

Spark plugs gapped alright? unplug the precat lambda see if it feels any better
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(27-09-2015, 12:04 AM)mackat Wrote:
(19-09-2015, 08:17 PM)Niall Wrote: UI'm Why the bloody hell did I sell my Peugeot planet Sad

Hey Niall - if you wanna borrow mine, let me know.

Thanks mate i completely forgot you had one!

Well the garage did a bit of diagnostic work. I asked the missus to tell them to just get the DTCs. They charged £55 which i was pretty furious about until i went in and had a chat. They diagnosed a bad injector, tested the wiring harness, tested the injector on their flow bench and it just doesn't work when it gets hot. Pug want £94 each for injectors and they are something i will not buy cheap because they just do not last. Got a bit of a deal on Ebay for 4 genuine ones which are turning up today so will see how it goes!!
Cheers all!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Sorry - Should have pm'd you! Glad you've found the problem and fingers crossed all fixed :o)
Thanks given by:
Passed its MOT today with 4 new injectors in. Running lovely now.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by: