Getting involved in Rallycross

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting involved in Rallycross
Sent the guy who runs the marketing department at work a joke email today saying they should sponsor a company rally team because the company has steel fabrication facilities (although we're talking structural steel) and it would look good in the company news letter rather than the boring pop quiz and here's a picture of the job you've all been working on. Besides if they got a blue zr it would match the company logo and be british..like the company lol

Surprisingly he got back to me saying they were actually looking for something to sponsor and if I create a proposal there's a chance I'll receive funding although the pot isn't very big, how big he didn't state but we're talking about a multi million international company so might be more than £50

Just curious if anyone on here has any idea of the initial costs, top gear seemed to think it was do-able for sub £2k but don't trust their judgement much. A quick look suggests the stockhatch class

Also said it would improve my chances if I can do it so it would raise money for charity, although that one I'm really struggling with as short of offering passenger rides/people to drive it I don't see how it would raise money 

Good chance none of this will go ahead but you don't ask you don't get 
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Top gear did it for about the cost of a set of golf bats so £2-£5k

IIRC race licences, tyres and entry fees cost hundreds per weekend and youll need someone to tow your race car around.
Thanks given by:
Could probably build a zr for a 1k-1.5k with 500-600 for that being on the rollcage,seat,fire extinguisher system.

And probably a few hundred every meet.

Sounds like a really good idea,hope it wasn't a April fools joke lol
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
£500 min for approved suit and helmet. Then you need transport for the car (trailer, tow bus). It soon mounts up. I doubt those things were factored into the top gear figure. I gave up rallying because of the cost of it all. Would love to give rallycross a bash so i'd be interested to see how much it would cost to get set up.
Thanks given by: