More power

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More power
Im currently running a standard bosch pump with just lda mod and T2 running 25psi its reasonably quick just want more lol. Building a spare engine I have out off xantia d8a engine looking around the 165bhp more if possible. Changing the clutch will I benifit a lightened flywheel ? Going too be running td04 and 11mm bosch.
Thanks given by:
You'll smash 165 mate but I'd reccomend forged rods and arp studs
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Yes I know forged rods will be better for all round reliabilty but I dont have the budget for them at the minute , were would I go about getting ARP headstuds ? and will lightening the flywheel make much difference ? Sorry about all the questions I couldnt find no threads on it.
Thanks given by:
Lightening the flywheel wouldn't be top of my list tbh, speak to zx volcane or piggy on here about studs and rods, about £200 and £400 respectively
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Lightening the flywheel will only make the engine respond quicker to throttle inputs as it hasn't got such a heavy mass to coax into spinning faster. It won't improve power output though.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I know its not top of the list but my mate can do them so if it made a difference I might aswell when im replacing the clutch. I cant mail them untill I have 100 posts. Tbf I thought forged rods were more expensive tham £400 thats reasonable. Is there anyone on here does td04 adapter plates ?
Thanks given by:
Have you already got the td04?!
Coz there is a million other better options out there!!

You will need ARPs for sure. And at least HDI rods...forged would obviously be ideal.

Matt currently has dibs on the last set of the group buy of ARP studs @ £175....but he hasnt paid yet Wink just get taself to 100posts!! lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I have a td04 hefe yes , would be ideal too have a turbo with less lag but makes power in around the figure I want but im not sure of one that wont ra*e my clutch as I will be just running a standard valeo any oppions piggy ? That would be okay in the budget arp studs ile try get too that magic 100 posts Smile thanks for the help Smile
Thanks given by:
Td04 at 165+ and a valeo is guna struggle imho
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I thought with the torque being put higher up the rev range surely it wouldnt be as sore on the clutch ? To be honest thats why I wanted too go the td04 route as I didnt want too spend to much on it , looks like it will take a wee while longer too build if I need rods peddle clutch etc. What turbo would be like the t2 in terms of not too laggy but will flow higher and run up too around 165~180 ?
Thanks given by:
Any GT20, S, VNT or GTB.

I ran a GT2056s with a valeo but it would slip if you really went for it.

IMO, uprated clutch is needed for 160+ on a XUD for sure. 165bhp still requires torque to make it!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
as piggy said really. mine is in a gt20 +11mm arp heas studs fmic etc defo above the 165 your after Smile and it rapes the clutch even turned down to save the clutch but still slips between 2300-3200k
Thanks given by:
Thanks Ash I think im going too scrap the td04 idea if I need a peddle clutch I might aswell get a turbo that isnt as laggy and is more efficient. Does the gt20 hold boost ok until the redline ? Ive got the silacone pipes here and bends etc for the fmic what intercooler would be best suited ?
Thanks given by:
My last car with td04 was running around 160bhp and clutch never slipped once, it did eventually lift the head though, arp studs for me next time Smile
Thanks given by:
Also just to add if you get the 13t version it's no more laggy than a T2 or K14 in my experience.
Thanks given by:
A new valeo clutch should be fine for td04
[Image: 65613_10200761612710317_1548698655_n_zps68c27004.jpg]

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:
I thought it would be ok with standard clutch , I have the clutch so might aswell put it on if it rapes it I can go the peddle clutch route then thanks lads. I will get a project thread up soon . Has anyone td04 adapter plates for sale or bolt on turbos (no standard)
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2014, 10:55 PM)Dturbobooost Wrote: I thought it would be ok with standard clutch , I have the clutch so might aswell put it on if it rapes it I can go the peddle clutch route then thanks lads. I will get a project thread up soon . Has anyone td04 adapter plates for sale or bolt on turbos (no standard)

I have a complete bolt on TD04 kit (plates, braided lines etc) but it needs a new TD04 as current one has a fair bit of play. Make me an offer.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
That would suit me for ive a td04 here , am I right in thinking it will need clocked ? Howmuch do you need ? £40~£50 ?
Thanks given by: