Scanguage E GTi-6 issue

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scanguage E GTi-6 issue
As the title suggests, I'm having issues connecting the scanguage to my '6.

It just says 'connecting' and does nothing else. I remember having the issue with my old '6, but never any problem with every other car I've owned.

Could anyone shed some light on this please? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Believe it's not fully OBD2 compliant so I doubt it'll work, won't work with ELM's etc.. either
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You need pp2000
Thanks given by:
Yeah, they don't conform to basically any OBD standards - they just happen to have the same plug as in the OBD standard. I think this is the main reason they never made a GTi6 past the year 2000 - since in 2001 the OBD-II regulations came in, the Xsara VTS got a different ECU after 2000 ish which was OBD-II compliant.

I'm sure Mei will correct me on that.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
youre close Ruan, 2002, three plug xsara indeed is obd2, diesels were 2005.
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2014, 11:56 AM)welshpug Wrote: youre close Ruan, 2002, three plug xsara indeed is obd2, diesels were 2005.

306 HDi's are OBD2 compliant...though they didn't need to be.
Thanks given by:
not in my experience they aren't lol might give a code but it wont be the right one.
Thanks given by:
Hmm, they've worked alright for me! Confused Though they were 3 plug ECU ones now I think about it. Not tried it on the older ones.
Thanks given by:
The HDi 3 plug ECU hardware is OBD2 compliant but software is another matter. A lot of manufacturers did this in preparation for Euro 3 (think it was 3) in 2005. That way they didn't have to either carry on an old run of a model till just before 2005 or renew the ECU and loom half way through a model.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: