Posts: 19
Threads: 5
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: perthshire scotland
Car Model/Spec: pug 306
Ive got a 306 L (slow ass peace of poop )
was wondering if there is anything such as induction. exhaust. Pumps. Ect?
that may give it abit more power mainly take off!
It is a good strong engine with around 87000 n a very clean car so dont want to
Sell it just because its only around 70 bhp lol I didnt know when I bought it haha
any suggestions is appreciated
Posts: 6,258
Threads: 371
Joined: Feb 2014
Reputation:
29
Location: suffolk
Car Model/Spec: ford fiesta
Petrol diesel? Xud tu xu? What engine. 70 bhp from memory is a flat diesel I think.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Posts: 19
Threads: 5
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: perthshire scotland
Car Model/Spec: pug 306
02-11-2014, 07:18 PM
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2014, 07:22 PM by jazzyjohn.)
(02-11-2014, 07:09 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Petrol diesel? Xud tu xu? What engine. 70 bhp from memory is a flat diesel I think.
Its a flat diesel not sure what kind though
Forgot to say its a 1.9
Posts: 6,258
Threads: 371
Joined: Feb 2014
Reputation:
29
Location: suffolk
Car Model/Spec: ford fiesta
The flat 1.9s are xuds. You can turn the pump up a touch but to be fair you wont gain much. Easier just to put a turbo diesel engine. Fits straight in easy. But then insurance is a pain.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Posts: 19
Threads: 5
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: perthshire scotland
Car Model/Spec: pug 306
Ive done that tbh just made it more smoky lol
N changeing the engine is a bit too expensive
for me
Posts: 20,092
Threads: 591
Joined: Nov 2012
Reputation:
54
Location: Cotswolds
Car Model/Spec: Stage 13 16v HDi
If you look around you may find a xud lump all in for £100-150 with all the bits you need!
Which with a tune up would see you double your current power. Not bad bhp/£!
Posts: 3,467
Threads: 186
Joined: Mar 2012
Reputation:
38
Location: Manchester
Car Model/Spec: MG ZR VVC
As said you'd end up spending more trying to get more out of the non turbo engine that it would cost to put in a turbo diesel
Posts: 19
Threads: 5
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: perthshire scotland
Car Model/Spec: pug 306
(02-11-2014, 08:57 PM)Toms306 Wrote: You didn't realise when you bguessing Just assumed all the brakes were stuck on then? 
That's a bit of an achievement though, the worst engine in the worst spec by accident. 
On a serious note though, there's nothing you do to get any significant gains without adding a turbo or swapping the engine I'm afraid.
Lol I know trust me. So I can add a turbo? How could I go about doing that and im guessin theres other stuff that needs doing too?
Posts: 20,092
Threads: 591
Joined: Nov 2012
Reputation:
54
Location: Cotswolds
Car Model/Spec: Stage 13 16v HDi
Yeah if you have an endless budget you could add a turbo.
Or fit a xudturbo engine all ready to go!!
Posts: 20,092
Threads: 591
Joined: Nov 2012
Reputation:
54
Location: Cotswolds
Car Model/Spec: Stage 13 16v HDi
Buy a dturbo/xldt/xrdt/xtdt
Posts: 18,242
Threads: 386
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
87
Location: Suffolk
Car Model/Spec: Focus Titanium
That is what I'd do in this position tbf...
Posts: 19
Threads: 5
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: perthshire scotland
Car Model/Spec: pug 306
I supose I never really thought of insurance :/
on a more realistic thond a induction kit that would maby give a nice sound?
Posts: 19
Threads: 5
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: perthshire scotland
Car Model/Spec: pug 306
Ok somthing to think about thanks