306 hdi water bottle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 hdi water bottle
Hi all I'm wondering if any of you can help me. I am the owner of a superb pug 306 hdi estate. She drives perfect and never misses a beat. The only problem I have is my water bottle keeps going below the level but when I accelerate the water comes back into the bottle and the low level light goes off. Now I am not a novice when it comes to cars but I would like some advice before I start pulling things apart. If any of you have had the same problem or know what it could be any help would be appreciated

Many thanks
Thanks given by:
try topping her up? . . . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
theres a low level warning light?? mine ( same car 1999/2000 ) , sorry ours, never seems to drop much below the level marker in the tank when cold, and has not been topped up since I have concluded it doesnt need it.

will investegate level warning light sensor, the warning light is an individual light on the dash that light for self test whern ign on?? probably one of the missing lights which where not fitted when I bought the car last year, along with several others ( the bastard!! ) .......

any cold patches on the radiator........and the thermostate works ok along with the heater.........

when cold and after been driven for some miles (say 50 ) what is the level in the tank, 5mm ish below the level indicator wall in the tank?? the wall top being the max level....and pointless filling over this as the expansion will dump the excess to road.....
Thanks given by:
The level sensor is at the back of the header tank. When you accelerate the water is pushed back towards the sensor, simple as that.

Just stick a bit more in, you cant over fill it as excess gets blown out through the rad cap anyway.
Thanks given by: