Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
how to remove LP pump?
#1
Alright guys my hdi just died there and won't go again. I changed the fuel filter a month or two ago and found metal filings so I assume this is the best place to start lol.

Any links?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
#2
Realistically running up to christmas ECP could be best to get your car back running
#3
Or a hopeful scrap yard?
Wishes for more power...
#4
Off topic but if.turns out to be Hp pump.i have one for sale cheap
Keep it in mind Wink

Good luck
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
#5
Haha cheers. Is there anything else simple to check? It's never cut out before...
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
#6
The brown relay behind battery
As that controls the fuel pump
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
#7
Just been back at the car, definately no noise from it priming with the ignition. How do I check if it's getting power?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
#8
Multi meter
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#9
I meant which wires, there are a few...
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
#10
there are 4 wires
2 for level sensor
2 for fuel pump

remove the plug look at the pump connection block
you should see P+ and P- in the they are the connections for the pump
#11
Cheers cully
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
#12
Okay so I read 11.87 volts across the two thicker wires and 3.95 volts across the two thinner ones

Guessing this is fine and means my pump is fecked
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
#13
Alright guys I've sourced a 2nd hand pump just need to know how to remove the screw lid holding it down...is there a special tool ?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
#14
Hammer and a big screwdriver. Carefully.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

#15
Hammer and flat head, tap it round? I think
Doesnt even own a 306.
#16
No noises and voltage at the plug is a totally dead LP pump. Hammer and flat head screwdriver, the normal way around, will have the ring off. Ensure you feet it back on carefully and then drive it home the same way else it won't seal properly.

Be careful to of course put the tank seal back on your replacement pump.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
#17
Thanks for the tips guys attempting this tonight after work in the rain haha
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
#18
You can do it in the car though so keeps ya dry!
Wishes for more power...
#19
Shhhh piggy you have to feel bad for me Tongue
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
#20
Lid came off in about 10 seconds, go to fit new pump to find it's the wrong one. Scrappies are useless
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
#21
did you remove it from a HDi?

I was under impression there was only one type in the 306 hdi
Wishes for more power...
#22
It was already out of the car and it was my dad collected it and he's clueless so he just took their word. Suspect it's from a 307 or something
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
#23
You might be able to take it apart and swap the actual pump? It's easy to disassemble.


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)