dashboard lights

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dashboard lights
wat does the little orange skidding carlight mean it only come on when i changedbto the spare? ?????
Thanks given by:
abs/ebd problem.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Is the spare a lot smaller than the others? If so the ABS sensor will be reading faster than the other 3, and thinking theres a fault....
Thanks given by:
Could be y then im on 205 40 17 i think the spare is a high 14 but its smaler
Thanks given by:
So youve got 17s on 3 corners and a 14 on the other? in which case, thats your reason...one wheel is spinning faster than the others
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(04-11-2012, 06:26 PM)Niall Wrote: So youve got 17s on 3 corners and a 14 on the other? in which case, thats your reason...one wheel is spinning faster than the others

Not necessarily, if the rolling circumference of both the 17's and 14 is the same then there will be no difference. Having said that there is likely to be a small difference but I'd doubt it'd be enough to upset the ABS? More likely to have knocked the sensor when swapping the tyre?
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
As Martin says....but I guess the 14 is a 185/55 anyway. As people can't seem to keep to the standard 65 profile!
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2012, 07:36 PM)burnmw Wrote:
(04-11-2012, 06:26 PM)Niall Wrote: So youve got 17s on 3 corners and a 14 on the other? in which case, thats your reason...one wheel is spinning faster than the others

Not necessarily, if the rolling circumference of both the 17's and 14 is the same then there will be no difference. Having said that there is likely to be a small difference but I'd doubt it'd be enough to upset the ABS? More likely to have knocked the sensor when swapping the tyre?

i think you would be shocked as to how sensitive they are! But yes i see what your saying. Even still, i reckon there will be a difference.
The sensors on them are actually really robust...almost a bit too robust if you ever have to replace one. Unless hes trapped a cable, i reckon its difference in wheel size
Team Eaton

Thanks given by: