Tyre question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyre question
Dumb question...

If I were to buy another set of 15" wheels, would the tyres from my cyclones fit? Or would I need to buy fresh tyres? I'm looking at some c5 steels...
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
cyclones are 15" too Wink you should be ok with the tyres just watch the offset of the new wheels Wink
Thanks given by:
Cheers buddy! Dropped the guy an offer ;-)
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(29-08-2014, 08:45 PM)Orta Wrote: Cheers buddy! Dropped the guy an offer ;-)

Dont forget the width, its all about the widthwhistle
Thanks given by:
C5 steels are 6.5J same as cyclones. Just use the right bolts with them and make sure they are round
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Need the special bolts as said or you will destroy them
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Specials bolts??
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Whats special about them??

They either use flat seat bolts (but these were mostly recalled!!) or they use tapered bolts like normal steels I thought? Confused
Thanks given by:
No tom. They are tapered but use a tapered washer so they don't eat into the special wizard shit metal.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Oh I see, I know someone who was running them on standard steel bolts a couple of years back and assumed he knew what he was doing. Not seen him in a while though, maybe his wheels fell off. Confused lol
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2014, 09:58 AM)Niall Wrote: No tom. They are tapered but use a tapered washer so they don't eat into the special wizard shit metal.

Thanks Niall!
You got what these are actually called so I don't sound like a dunce when I go somewhere to buy them?
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Bump? Anyone know exactly what these r called?
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
the bolts with washers come with the wheels on the c5

but you can run normal standard tapered bolts, your wheels are unlikely to fall off

if you bollock them up to much or repeatedly have the wheels on and off you might eat / tear away at the softer alloy material of the wheel - keep an eye on it.
Thanks given by:
Sorry another dumb question. I've acquired some wheels with an offset of 27, and I believe the offset of cyclones is 18? What exactly does this mean? Will I need spacers or something?
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Yep, 10mm spacers to change the offset to ET17.
Thanks given by:
Are all 10mm spacers universal? Or do I need Peugeot/306 specific ones? Do they need some sort of bolts or do they just go on behind the wheels on their bolts?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...1448265876

And are these the tapered bolts everyone has been on about?
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Those bolts are indeed tapered.

Spacers are usually universal, but if not you need 4x108 Peugeot ones.
Thanks given by:
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...0568181280

These do the job?
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Yeah probably, just make sure the bolts have enough turns into the hub to hold correctly
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Ok. Just to resurrect my own thread here. I've been running the steels without spacers until now without any issues, after I didn't think they were catching. Now along with my fronts that were rubbing the gearbox because of my VTS rack they are now not fond of my rears without spacers either. Ok, I thought I'll fit the spacers. Well I've done that and as adam b warned the sodding bolts aren't long enough, I can only get them in about 3 turns.

I've had a goose on eBay and the only longer bolts I can find, in black anyway, are 28mm vs. the 26mm I've currently got but all those on eBay are 14x1.5 whereas the ones I've got are 12x1.25 I can't find any longer ones in 12x1. I take it the 14x1.5s won't fit? Can anyone suggest or provide links to anything that may solve my woes?
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
I can't be the only one on aftermarket wheels with 10mm spacers? What bolts are being used?!
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Im running 5mm spacers. Standard bolts are okay up to 5mm.... ish. But for 10mm you definitely want longer. I beleive its 12x1.25 and then get 10mm longer than you currently have.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, as above, just contact a bolt supplier. If i was you i'd find some proper hubcentric spacers, the spigot on the hub flange is only 10mm deep so your wheels will be flapping about on the bolts, not a recipe for a long life.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tyre question. Danny Wideboy 7 2,204 07-04-2014, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Danny Wideboy