how to tell if my engine has been tuned or messed with

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to tell if my engine has been tuned or messed with
My current ph2 lx td, as far as I know, hadn't been tuned or messed with. How can I be sure tho?

Thanks in advance
2000 2.0 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
If you have a Lucas pump look for signs of damage on the black bung that is on the front of the pump
If you have a Bosch pump there should be an anti tamper thing on the max fuel screw
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Just to ease my paranoia, does this lucas pump appear to have been altered? No obvious marks on black bung.

[Image: lucaspump_zps1e4c172c.jpg~original]
Thanks given by:
[Image: holy-thread-revival-batman.jpg]

You need to have a look at the front of the pump, all we can see in the pic you've given us is the top. If the plastic bung hasnt got any marks on it, then it's probably not been fiddled with. /inb4giggidy
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yeah, the plastic bung is a pain in the arse if you havent got the right tool to undo it, which is available form peugeot for about 800quid,

this necessitates a little welly with a flat bladed screw driver and damage.. itll most likely be evident ifyou run your fingernail around the inside of the plastic ring, there will be nicks in it.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tuned XUD and Veg - Opinions bigcheez2k3 12 2,600 10-11-2013, 12:22 PM
Last Post: 306Puggy
  just tuned the lucas pump-how many turns has everyone done? 306 d turbo 9 5,029 29-07-2013, 09:40 PM
Last Post: strictly_perv
Thumbs Up is it tuned or not spawno88 28 8,145 12-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Last Post: kernow_joe