Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New paint on wheels
#1
I've just painted my steels, and I'm about to fit them, thing is I don't want the paint to scrape off as I tighten the wheel bolts, is there anything I can use in between the bolt and the face of the wheel? The steels use flat or tapered bolts by the looks of things and I have a set of flats already, which I'm gunna use, but want to get tapered in future.

If I use the flats they will scrape the paint off when tightened and then when I use tapered you will see the scrape, and I want to avoid that if possible





Or has anyone got a full set of tapered bolts I can have today?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#2
There's nothing you wanna put in between especially not copper slip etc. Ideally you don't really want the paint where the bolts seat but that shouldn't cause an issue
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
#3
Bolts with washers?


Or just wait till you have tapered bolts.....



:p
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club


2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
#4
I'm extremely impatient, I have to wait till Thursday for payday, and the source some, and then get them sent to me.

I want them on now goddamnit Tongue
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#5
You can use a little grease, but between washer and bolt face.
Its the bolt thread tension that locks it in place
Wishes for more power...


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  shot blasting for wheels? removing paint zx_volcane 19 9,860 25-11-2015, 11:23 PM
Last Post: daniel909
  Paint on paint removal MRiches 6 4,595 28-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Choppin

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)