Posts: 47
Threads: 15
Joined: Mar 2014
Location: North Yorkshire
Car Model/Spec: D turbo s
30-03-2014, 08:40 PM
(This post was last modified: 30-03-2014, 09:57 PM by jack123sand.)
hello guys im new here just got myself a 1998 d turbo s and and im needing an exhaust and wondering what rules and regs are involved with the decat and having 1 box or something im told. thought id as you people! im after upgrade to standard
Posts: 47
Threads: 15
Joined: Mar 2014
Location: North Yorkshire
Car Model/Spec: D turbo s
Posts: 6,569
Threads: 183
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
20
Location: eastwood/notts
Car Model/Spec: moonstone hdi #2
You want a straight through exhaust no decat or anything.
But atm with mot I think you need atleast one box on the system. My hdi had one straight pipe but had a back box with a pipe welded inside.
Ive heard a little bit of a grey area with cats now as well, if the car was made with a cat it has to have a cat.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Posts: 47
Threads: 15
Joined: Mar 2014
Location: North Yorkshire
Car Model/Spec: D turbo s
(30-03-2014, 09:18 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: You want a straight through exhaust no decat or anything.
But atm with mot I think you need atleast one box on the system. My hdi had one straight pipe but had a back box with a pipe welded inside.
Ive heard a little bit of a grey area with cats now as well, if the car was made with a cat it has to have a cat.
yeah I thought as much but wasn't 100% so just one box then yeah and the pipe inside the back box is a nice idea thanks
Posts: 47
Threads: 15
Joined: Mar 2014
Location: North Yorkshire
Car Model/Spec: D turbo s
30-03-2014, 09:30 PM
(This post was last modified: 30-03-2014, 09:34 PM by jack123sand.)
I know me and a friend are not sure on this decat thing he says pre 96 don't need 1 but after 96 they do? and then I have another friend saying these diesel's need only one box for regs as the decat is useless untill motorway cruising speed I just don't want to buy something that's useless ..
(30-03-2014, 09:29 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: (30-03-2014, 09:26 PM)jack123sand Wrote: (30-03-2014, 09:18 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: You want a straight through exhaust no decat or anything.
But atm with mot I think you need atleast one box on the system. My hdi had one straight pipe but had a back box with a pipe welded inside.
Ive heard a little bit of a grey area with cats now as well, if the car was made with a cat it has to have a cat.
yeah I thought as much but wasn't 100% so just one box then yeah and the pipe inside the back box is a nice idea thanks
Im not 100% sure but someone will be along to help. You could always use the search or try google.
thanks mate ill try that im new here lol and no joy with google cant find ****
Posts: 496
Threads: 65
Joined: Sep 2013
Reputation:
1
Location: Veryan/cornwall
Car Model/Spec: china blue gti6
As mentioned above...if the car has a cat as standard it will need a cat for mot, however if you've got a friendly mot'er you should be okay. I think its unlikely you will get pulled over for not having one.
Posts: 47
Threads: 15
Joined: Mar 2014
Location: North Yorkshire
Car Model/Spec: D turbo s
(30-03-2014, 09:57 PM)willJspears Wrote: As mentioned above...if the car has a cat as standard it will need a cat for mot, however if you've got a friendly mot'er you should be okay. I think its unlikely you will get pulled over for not having one.
thanks man thing's are becoming clearer now