rear jet wash

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rear jet wash
How easy is it to remove completely?? it doesn't work and I've found I don't need it so it'll be getting de-wipered too Big Grin and I have a basic spoiler i'm going to put on using tiger seal
1.9 diesel Phase 2 - scrapped
1.8 meridian Phase 3 - going strong!
Thanks given by:
Not sure how easy it is to remove the entire tubing to the rear of the car, but if you can't, then bung it off tightly and properly somehow.
You can elect to just not turn the stalk for rear washers, however what you will find is that if you leave the car sitting and the front washers block it will have nowhere to go but into the boot, which is what someone had done on an old 306 I had, blocking it with a tissue...
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
What do you call a basic spoiler? The standard phase 3 ones have a cut-out for the washer jet anyway.
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2014, 06:39 PM)Toms306 Wrote: What do you call a basic spoiler? The standard phase 3 ones have a cut-out for the washer jet anyway.
Think the one i have is off the phase2 GTI or XSI, just the small black spoiler that come stock, it doesnt have the groove for a jet wash unfortuntely

(22-01-2014, 08:57 AM)RetroPug Wrote: Not sure how easy it is to remove the entire tubing to the rear of the car, but if you can't, then bung it off tightly and properly somehow.
You can elect to just not turn the stalk for rear washers, however what you will find is that if you leave the car sitting and the front washers block it will have nowhere to go but into the boot, which is what someone had done on an old 306 I had, blocking it with a tissue...

Ah ok! thanks for the help, probably just do something with the tube then, will probably be easier than trying to remove the tube completely, or i can try and unblock it? somehow...
Thanks given by:
I would imagine that the tube goes along the edge of the roof and then down the a-pillar perhaps...might be ok to unclip and pull through.
I'm just saying that the fluid feed to the rear jet needs to be properly enclosed as if the front washers block and it has nowhere to go that's where it'll come out, so don't just leave it.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Just get a phase 3 spoiler. I have messed around with fitting a phase 2 one and it doesnt work. The phase 3 has the hole for the jet and a phase 3 boot lid already has the holes half done!
Thanks given by:
oh right ok, sounds simpler!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Small screen wash bottle Frosty 13 2,565 21-07-2013, 04:44 AM
Last Post: Piggy