Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
handbrake advice
#1
Hi guys, I need some advice, I fitted my new rear brake super kit, the problem am having I can not get my hand brake back up. everything back correctly but wonder if I have missed something. advice please.
#2
what the hecks a 'rear brake super kit'!?
Wishes for more power...
#3
well its the back axle brake kit that has everything you require cylinders bolts shoes pins everything for rear brake overhaul
#4
so you have replaced the rear shoes and cylinders and adjuster kit?..yeah?

and what is/isnt working?
Wishes for more power...
#5
handbrake wont come up

very low effort
#6
Is it adjusted to tight on the back of the handbrake lever?
#7
its nearly up too top, before I replaced the shoes etc it went half way ish
#8
did you replace cables too?

and you say its nearly up to top...the adjuster behind handbrake??...its fully slack yeah?
Wishes for more power...
#9
no didn't think they needed it as they weren't right up, they look fairly new
#10
righto.

what about the adjuster behind handbrake? in fully slack position yeah?



and the rear wheels are free yeah?
Wishes for more power...
#11
one side seems to biting but off side seems too slack, the adjuster looks like it nearly at last point say 3 inch in from back
#12
how did you adjust the shoes once all was fitted??
Wishes for more power...
#13
Have you driven it since fitting all that? If not, do so to settle the shoes into place, the auto-adjusters should work fine as they're new.
#14
lmao

those adjusters never work properly...even when new.

they take the first 75/80% of slack out...but never all of it
Wishes for more power...
#15
Oh really? I've only re-used shit old broken ones that are more manual than auto tbf. lol Just assumed they'd work when new, how silly of me. Tongue Carry on as you were then lol.

After I had a bad experience with a drum brake years ago and have discs ever since.....sooooo much easier to work on!
#16
I done so many I like setting up drums...you can improve the footbrake n handbrake so much more effectively...
that being said, I have discs!
Wishes for more power...
#17
they are slowly coming up but still not happy with them, going to look at them again sat morning
#18
(22-10-2013, 08:30 PM)thehytheman Wrote: they are slowly coming up but still not happy with them, going to look at them again sat morning

whats slowly coming up!?

Take some pics mate...to be honest, I am not understanding much of what you are describing, pics speak a 1000 words!
Wishes for more power...
#19
the hand brake is now fully settled now had imbalance on the adjuster. I backed off the adjuster and readjusted the brake adjuster by hand, the hand brake fully locked at 3 clicks, thanks for all the help guys.


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)