Flasher Relay

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flasher Relay
I suppose this thread is probably kinda aimed at cully, but rather than PM him, i thought i'd throw this out to everyone.

I got my LED indicator bulbs for the car, but when fitted, they all flash fast, due to the thermal relay thinking there's a bulb out. Cully suggested an electronic relay, which i purchased. However when it arrived, it seems ive got the wrong relay for the car, as the indicators just spazz out and click on/off so fast, they pretty much stay on.

My question is does anyone know what "model"(?) relay i should purchase, or should i just fcuk it all off and get resistors for the wiring?

If it helps, here is a pic of the leccy relay next to the standard one from the car (sorry about the blurry pic, only got the one before my phones battery died):

The leccy relay has CF13JL02 written on it, just in case you cant read that properly. Wink
Ive seen some on ebay that are CF14, if anyone can shed any light on what difference (if any) this makes, that'd be grand. Rep shall be awarded for information leading to a fix. Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
short answer you bought the wrong relay!
you bought a relay for a japanese car

you should have bought CF13GL-02

easy fix make extention leads for the relay and swap wires E and B over in the plug

Thanks given by:
surely it would have been easier just to fit resistors in the first place?
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2013, 11:04 PM)cully Wrote: short answer you bought the wrong relay!
you bought a relay for a japanese car

you should have bought CF13GL-02

easy fix make extention leads for the relay and swap wires E and B over in the plug

Excellent stuff, should have just pm'd you really! I shall order a new relay then probably, and you shall receive your rep when im back on the PC. Big Grin

(15-01-2013, 11:17 PM)SRowell Wrote: surely it would have been easier just to fit resistors in the first place?

Not necessarily, relay swap is one out, one in, and they're cheaper too. So nerr. lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Resistors aren't ideal either, they're not a precise way of slowing down the flashing and they get incredibly hot when working.

On my Celica you could just buy a straight-swap flasher unit from Hong Kong that worked with the LEDs, piece of piss!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Relay / Flasher for LED -ER- 8 3,106 01-03-2016, 06:44 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz
  1.6 1999 saloon flasher relay, where is it? Calpin 2 1,786 31-05-2015, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Calpin