I dont even know if my fans work..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I dont even know if my fans work..
Just wondering is there a way to check if my cooling fans actually work on my dt as ive never actually heard them come on?
No smoke, No poke!
Thanks given by:
Run it up to temp stationary. If your temp starts heading north of 100 you have an issue. If so post back and we can help
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I just bridged the fan switch using a split pin.
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
Its only ever gone to 90 degrees on a boiling hot day in traffic, not much chance of getting it to 100 now, i read somewhere you can unplug one of the plugs on the thermostat housing? Just want to check if the fans actually work not at a given temperature or anything
No smoke, No poke!
Thanks given by:
Ah. Then unplug the fan switch bridge and they should work
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
They do work! Just have never heard them on, isnt the kick in temp about 90 degrees?
No smoke, No poke!
Thanks given by:
Usually 90 degrees mate
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
Dependent on the switch I have 3 lying about I think the lowest is 87 and the highest is about 97
Thanks given by:
My fans never worked in the 1.8 or the estate so i removed them. Fitted a slim line in the 1.8 but havent got round to wiring it up yet.
Thanks given by:
I've had mine at 100 And the fans not kick in haha, never had it more though but I thought that was quite a high temp?
Thanks given by:
Ive had 2 hdis that fans didnt kick in atal.

And 2 dt's that the fan comes on around 94 or that. Dont let it near 100 or youl be after a new head gasket an skim.

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:
To be honest i dont like it going above 85 haha its very rare it even gets to 90 and by the time it does im moving again and getting air to the rad so drops back down Smile
No smoke, No poke!
Thanks given by: