Posts: 129
Threads: 27
Joined: Jan 2014
Reputation:
0
Location: Preston
Car Model/Spec: 405 estate TD Lx
Sorry if I've used the wrong terminology, but anyway, I've just done glow plugs on the wife's 306. When I took the air distribution thingy off I noticed a lot of build up of deposits on the inlet pipes (manifold?) Which I didn't notice on my 405. Hers does have egr whereas mine doesn't. Is the built up normal? I didn't scrape any out because I didn't want to disturb it and lumps end up falling in. But just thought I'd check to settle my mind....
Posts: 6,258
Threads: 371
Joined: Feb 2014
Reputation:
29
Location: suffolk
Car Model/Spec: ford fiesta
Egr valves are buggers for that. It's normal bit doesn't do the engine any good. Better blanking it off or removing the thing altogether. I think there is an electrical connector u can disconnect to stop it opening but nnot sure
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Posts: 129
Threads: 27
Joined: Jan 2014
Reputation:
0
Location: Preston
Car Model/Spec: 405 estate TD Lx
I know they're bad for it but didn't know it was that bad. One of them is only about half the diameter now because of it but I don't want to piss about removing it all to clean it if I can avoid it. Car running fine so should be OK I think
Posts: 6,258
Threads: 371
Joined: Feb 2014
Reputation:
29
Location: suffolk
Car Model/Spec: ford fiesta
It's better cleaning it all out. Think of the restrictions it cause. If you don't have the time or effort at least blank or disconnect though
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.