To mod or not to mod.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To mod or not to mod.
Pretty much as above guys.

It already has a decat and a stage 1 map, but I don't know if I want to keep it, I just hate driving a standard pile of shit car lol
lol

Plus the faults it has, small oil leak from somewhere, drivers side window loom is bust, no horn, no washer jets, brake light switch keeps dying, dent in wing, rear door, back bumper is cracked scratched, tyres are pretty much dead.

Tax and test run out in about 2 week, obviously it's going to fail.

[Image: EF06B04C-FC43-4548-859C-50CD44A22AA2-157...1dd64e.jpg]

So... To fix and mod, or not.

My 9" brocks, with uber lows.

And don't just say mod it because hats the best option with any car lol, is it worth while.

Dan
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yeas, you havnt had a project you've stuck with for ages, get this looking better than your white estate and it would be so much win
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Get it all fixed up and sell it
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I would'nt bother. You'd just be comparing it to the white one thats was mint and end up spending a small fortune trying to better it!
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
IMO there's potentially alot of issues just to get it through an MOT and if your gonna start doing the same mods as the white one then you'll just try to emulate it but it'll never be as good as your rose tinted memories of the white one. If your gonna mod the same car again you've gotta have a plan to do something different with it.

How much did you buy it for and what spec is it out of interest?
Thanks given by:
Break ot for parts...ill have ya wheels lol and the head lights lol..
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:
Well I've put half leathers in and it has rear leccy windows with a sun roof.

I bought it for £375, plus £50 for seats, £25 for a seat belt and parcel shelf.

145k with good history.

I've been thinking of getting something totally different like a b7 Audi avant, but that won't be for a while because I've just bought a house and kitchen needs doing.
Thanks given by:
As above, it'll never be as good as the white one (not without a LOT of work, anyway). Fix it up and sell it if you can't bear to drive a workhorse daily, or scrap it if that's not economically viable.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Guessing this is padges old car, was me that mapped it. Remember it being a bit of a shed
Thanks given by:
Padges old one yea Sam, shed indeed lol
Thanks given by:
Think im with chris on this if you are going to mod it. Lay out a plan and do somthing different with it or just dont bother and do somthing eles IMO

like a euro HDI cabby. I know some one who will have on for sale soon lmao

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by: