HDI vs D-Turbo: Which should I buy?

Poll: HDI vs D Turbo
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
HDI
37.04%
10 37.04%
D Turbo
62.96%
17 62.96%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDI vs D-Turbo: Which should I buy?
(24-04-2013, 04:59 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(24-04-2013, 11:55 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Bare in mind jamie that your DT was tuned and your HDi isn't lol

What? You haven't stage 1d it yet Jamie? I never know how anyone can put with with them standard, get the galletto out..... lol

Try having that engine in a 406 estate and it being on 255k...
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I do like gettin my hands dirty and actually having to work on something, whereas with an HDI I'd have to go to someone with a computer for them to tell me which sensor is bolloxed...now just startin to save a bit of money to buy a decent D Turbo, found a couple round the 120k miles mark, so when I get the money I'll buy one of those. Bit fresher.
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2013, 11:05 AM)silverzx Wrote: It's as simple as this:

- If you're simple, then get an XUD.
- If you don't mind using your noggin, get a HDi.

/thread

EFA Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Speaking as a HDI owner
Buy a DTurbo! I wish I had!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
That seems to be the resounding answer from most people, I've heard that the HDI is a lot more 'civilised' than the d turbo. Savin the money now...
Thanks given by:
(23-04-2013, 09:24 PM)puglove Wrote: As of last weekend iv now owned both! so.........................

XUD, Much more fun to drive a good little ragging car feels like it was built to be ragged, feels racy with the shorter gear box and much harsher woosh of boost,

BUT, its loud, it sounds rattly, vibrates alot more and feels alot older,

Hdi, Not as fun to drive, i personaly dont rate the longer gearbox, you dont get that sudden rush of boost, dosnt feel like it likes being ragged as much.

BUT, its nice and quite, feels much much more refined, alot easyier to live with day to day, you dont feel the need to rag it all the time, feels alot newer and modern, amazing to do motorway miles with.

Weigh up what you want IMO that is what it boils down to , other than the tuning aspect. personaly i dont think you can compair them really

so yeah /thread

My hdi is amazingly fun to rag! maybe you'll change your opinion when i take you out!

(23-04-2013, 09:30 PM)Matt Wrote: Gti6 /thread

Nah seriously, for cheap modding I'd go xud, easy stage 1 and can run on veg nice and cheap

Hdi, go stage two, its a bit of money to get there, but f*ck me they sound awesome. And can still return 50+mpg

I take full responsibility for the awesome sound bit!

(25-04-2013, 11:03 AM)vlj Wrote: Having owned both, I honestly prefer the HDi!

I love my hdi... if only it was 3door and 6 months newer!
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2013, 06:10 PM)declantg Wrote: Dturbo! Currently converting my hdi haha wish I got a DT straight off

(24-04-2013, 06:12 PM)declantg Wrote: Haha I know! Miss my old DT, may not have been much but god I loved it.

Hdi seemed the better option, it definitely was not

This ive owned a few 306's now ive had 2 hdi's and it annoys the crap out of when something goes wrong and you have to pay some one £20 a time to plug it in to pc to find out whats up with it! Xud is much easier to tune and look after i think. This is why im considering converting my hdi already after only having it a week LOL!

(24-04-2013, 10:02 PM)chippyba Wrote: too true xud all the way no electronics to say no

^^ This to as i said above alot easier to fix/diagnose a d turbo......

Thanks given by:
Xud any day, i get so many people talking to me abouy it saying how they remember that engine wheb it first came out and how they wish they still had one today
[Image: 306_zpsadcff53a.png]
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2013, 05:56 AM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(24-04-2013, 06:10 PM)declantg Wrote: Dturbo! Currently converting my hdi haha wish I got a DT straight off

(24-04-2013, 06:12 PM)declantg Wrote: Haha I know! Miss my old DT, may not have been much but god I loved it.

Hdi seemed the better option, it definitely was not

This ive owned a few 306's now ive had 2 hdi's and it annoys the crap out of when something goes wrong and you have to pay some one £20 a time to plug it in to pc to find out whats up with it! Xud is much easier to tune and look after i think. This is why im considering converting my hdi already after only having it a week LOL!

(24-04-2013, 10:02 PM)chippyba Wrote: too true xud all the way no electronics to say no

^^ This to as i said above alot easier to fix/diagnose a d turbo......

Mines being converted LOL
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Why do you have to pay £20 a time to plug it in!? A £12 bluetooth adapter and a smartphone app is all you need!!

XUD = Simple engine for simple people Big Grin

Their both generally reliable in standard form

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2013, 11:22 AM)Arron Wrote: Why do you have to pay £20 a time to plug it in!? A £12 bluetooth adapter and a smartphone app is all you need!!

simple people Popcorn lol They are alot easier to diagnose problems with tho, and its about £20 a time at mates rates sure other garages round here want more than that......

Thanks given by:
(28-04-2013, 01:48 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(28-04-2013, 11:22 AM)Arron Wrote: Why do you have to pay £20 a time to plug it in!? A £12 bluetooth adapter and a smartphone app is all you need!!

simple people Popcorn lol They are alot easier to diagnose problems with tho, and its about £20 a time at mates rates sure other garages round here want more than that......

You pay your mate 20 quid a time to do a scan?! f*ck that
Thanks given by:
Id go with a d turbo! Easy to tune no remapping rubbish!
Thanks given by:
With the wealth of knowledge on these forums id say its quite easy to diagnose any issue on an HDi just by trial and error, parts are peanuts for them now too, ive just bought a head, 4 full stripped and cleaned injectors, a maf, FPRS, Regulator, turbo and inlet all for £20. But ofc XUD is much simpler to diagnose, its less refined and efficent compared to the HDi.

I'll always have a soft spot for xud but the HDi isnt as bad as folk make out imo.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Sounds like your "mate"'s taking you for a ride...

As above really, the XUD is a good, fun engine, but done properly the HDi can be at least as good. At least the people who come out in my car tell me so lol. What gets my back up is when people start kicking off about how crap the HDi is just because they don't know how to look after it or get the best from it, it's not the HDi's fault they're incompetent.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Flip a coin job done
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by: