help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help
Have not long brought a hdi (90hp) with stage 1 remap, decat, de egr. And the clutch is already slipping!!! What clutch would you recomend me to get and from wheredont want to spend massive amount if possible. And one more question is if i get rid of the middle box would i gain or lose power? If gain where can i get one to? Not sure what stage remap i have as i brought it like it all i know is its a bently uk remap. Thanks guys
Thanks given by:
just a standard vealo one will hold it fine, my local motor factors sell them at £100ish, other than that your talking £200-500 on a uprated one, then it could be heavy, juddering etc etc

Thanks given by:
Found cheap clutch on ebay 24 month guarentee for£55 worth getting or vaelo?
Thanks given by:
get the Valeo . . . . .they might give you another clutch but they won't pay for the labour of fitting it again . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(12-11-2012, 09:28 AM)dan wiltshire Wrote: Found cheap clutch on ebay 24 month guarentee for£55 worth getting or vaelo?

Defo' go for the valeo mate, for the sake of £50
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
£55 carnt see it being very good, just do it right first time valeo and it sould last a long time ;-)

Thanks given by:
Where do i get vealo from had a look on ebay and no luck?
Thanks given by:
Get rid of the cat/particle filter and mid box should see you some gain Wink more noise Smile

Thanks given by:
(12-11-2012, 09:49 AM)dan wiltshire Wrote: Where do i get vealo from had a look on ebay and no luck?

Your local motor factors, like euro car parts may be? or places like that ring round get the cheapest quote and play them off aginst each other to get it even cheaper.

(12-11-2012, 09:52 AM)R45_ODV Wrote: Get rid of the cat/particle filter and mid box should see you some gain Wink more noise Smile

Defo do this, just done it to my as well as de-back box it made a nice difference to noise and the pull low down

Thanks given by:
Hmm, I thought ECP sold Valeo, they don't seem to though. I've recently fitted a LUK to the estate though and it seems fine.

This one - http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Peugeo...5b0&000069

Thats £103.50 with the discount code CLUTCH25. Smile
Thanks given by:
Another vote for the valeo (unless you're planning on going for big power), you can get them from most decent motor factors.

Keep the mid and get rid of the back-box instead, mid-box is a very minor restriction compared to the backbox. Never heard of bently uk, no idea what their remaps are like.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
GSF do a 'Premium clutch' for £110 for the HDi. I'd phone up and ask if thats a Valeo tbh. Plus a guy at Norwich GSF told me something useful - he said they have a price...and they have a 'base' price that they can go down to on expensive items. I can't guarantee all the branches would be as willing to drop prices though.
Thanks given by:
Spot on mate thanks
Thanks given by:
I have a brand new valeo clutch kit for sale £85 collected. It has been fitted but not used as the car did not start after doing the clutch :/
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(12-11-2012, 10:24 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: I have a brand new valeo clutch kit for sale £85 collected. It has been fitted but not used as the car did not start after doing the clutch :/

Where do you live?
Thanks given by: