After some advise on insuring a second car

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After some advise on insuring a second car
Before I get my hopes up and start looking for cars ect can anyone give me any knowledge on adding another car to my policy?
Plan is to add ninja car to my 205's currant policy, the car will have 1/3 of the power of my 205, and will be the main car, the 205 will be a weekend car.
I just wanted to know people experiences with insuring another car as I won't have alot to spend, I'm hoping it will even go down as the car will be a standard snail compared to the 205.

Thanks.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
The problem is you can't use NCB on 2 cars. So if you used your NCB on the 'cheaper' car as thats the one for more miles and more expensive probably BUT that means the 205 would be well expensive as you'd have 0NCB on that!

I looked into it but couldn't do it.
Thanks given by:
A lot of places will mirror your ncb!! they won't tell you unless you ask as they lose money!!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I have no NCB as I'm a new policy holder. I'm currently paying £1200 for the 205, everything declared with Flux.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Right.

I took out a policy with Privilege on the 106 nad. I had my 5 years ncb on the policy, and wanted to protect the ncb (f*ck losing 5years!!) so went fully comp to do this.

Come insurance time for the '6, I rang flux, explained my situation, they mirrored my ncb. I then opted to pay the '6 monthly, as I figured I'd take it off the road again after summer. With no claim on the policy, Id have just been able to ring up and cancel, and I'd have probably got a small refund. Obviosuly this didn't happen as I crashed it, and the rest is history.

I would think It'd be tricky for you to insure 2 cars though with no ncb to transfer or mirror... Believe it or not It was £490 a year fuly comp wiht 5 yrs ncb on the 106 nad, and £620 TPFT with mirrored ncb on the '6, all mods declared. Bonkers really given the difference in comparative power etc!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
I'll have to see what happens then, I may have to pay monthly. I just really don't wanna abuse the 205 driving it daily. She is an old girl. Plus it's not the most user friendly on a daily basis Undecided
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
No that it helps you. But I am with Sheila's wheels with my astra and I have 7 yrs NCB, my partner is a named driver on my policy. I was going to get insurance in her name so she can get her own NCB, but to insure the 6 it was about £600 fully comp. so I rang Sheila's and because I have 7 yrs on one policy with them they have given me 3 yrs on the 6. So I have two policy's with them, one with 7 yrs and one with 3yrs. I pay £16 a month fully comp on my astra and £35 for the 6 Smile my partner is a named driver on both so can drive either
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
get the 205 on a limited mileage policy, and it's a classic now ain't it? . . .use footman james or that bloody other one . .forgot the name . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
They won't insure 2 cars on my policy, may have to scrap this idea. Very disappointed with you Adrian Flux.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  tig welder advise Stef205 2 2,207 27-03-2016, 08:26 PM
Last Post: ozonehostile
  Advise on a digital camera Frosty 8 1,530 24-05-2015, 07:10 PM
Last Post: 7057sam
  Insuring a second car/track car Ben 7 2,405 25-04-2013, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Ben