Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
MPG??
#1
Well i have a question about mile per gallon i always check what im getting every time i fill up, when i first got the car my mpg was 40mpg then i started with the mods first k&n panel filter mpg went to 41mpg then de-back box went up agin to its highest at 42.8mpg then i intercooled it (still on standard map) and de-egr it now my mpg has dropped to 38.2mpg surely thats not right??? i must say im doing 500 miles a week all stop start round town i would be happy with over 40mpg but starting to piss me off now its dropped down to 38.2mpg any help welcome



#2
Stage 1, no boxes, std filter - 55mpg constant
#3
Have you serviced it any time recently?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
#4
38mpg round town from a 10+ year old 2.0 diesel? Sounds fine to me?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
#5
Around town the figures are not that bad. But as said maybe a service is needed :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
#6
Was serviced 2,000 miles ago (fuel,oil,air filter, new oil) 55mpg is alot I would be happy if it stayed over 40mpg what can u do to get it over that



#7
Erm... Move to the country? Town driving is shit for diesels, I'm getting 36mpg round town in my XUD. They take ages to warm up so they use more fuel, a cold engine is far less efficient.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
#8
Town stop-start driving is where you need a 1.0 petrol or a 0.5 petrol (Smart car!)

Unfortunately the 2.0 diesel is more at home sat on the motorway chugging along!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
#9
(03-10-2012, 07:05 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Erm... Move to the country? Town driving is shit for diesels, I'm getting 36mpg round town in my XUD. They take ages to warm up so they use more fuel, a cold engine is far less efficient.

im a delivery driver so thats not an option lol so am i doing ok with 38.2 round town??



#10
Its also colder now which doesn't help Sad

How many miles is the car at? If the EGR was working you may actually lose some efficiency.
#11
(03-10-2012, 09:03 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(03-10-2012, 07:05 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Erm... Move to the country? Town driving is shit for diesels, I'm getting 36mpg round town in my XUD. They take ages to warm up so they use more fuel, a cold engine is far less efficient.

im a delivery driver so thats not an option lol so am i doing ok with 38.2 round town??

Like I say mate, sounds fine to me. I was getting 22mpg in my Octavia VRS...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
#12
(04-10-2012, 05:07 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: Like I say mate, sounds fine to me. I was getting 22mpg in my Octavia VRS...

I once managed 23mpg out of a 306! But it was a 1.8 Cabriolet (heavy) with GTi6 manifolds and camshafts and I only worked 6 miles away!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
#13
I've averaged 41 on biodiesel since april - highest 50, lowest 35

upped boost, uppsed fuel, fmic, mostly on a K14 - mixture of motorway and town.
#14
Inb4 tom
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]


306 HDI, soon to be XUD
#15
(04-10-2012, 08:50 AM)declantg Wrote: Inb4 tom

Pfft, the slow HDi only does 50mpg. Sad Hoping that gets better after the service yesterday though!

The golf on the other hand..... lol

[Image: Estatestuff2057.jpg]

*Awaits VAG abuse* Tongue
#16
(03-10-2012, 09:25 PM)aircool Wrote: Its also colder now which doesn't help Sad

How many miles is the car at? If the EGR was working you may actually lose some efficiency.

Near enough 160,000 miles, ive only just unpluged it i thought that this is why my mpg has dropped



#17
EGR should give a quicker warm up time....increasing efficiency! But they do get full of crap or stuck open over time which can obviously reduce efficiency.....try plugging it back in for a week and see what happens?


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)