Car Stereo Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Stereo Help
Right oh guys. Need some help...

I have a head unit that has 4x50w.
My door speakers were blown when I brought the car, the Pug original ones I took out were 20w.

Now for the blonde question...

Does this mean that I can run 4 speakers at 50w each? If so what happens if 2 are say 40w and 2 are 80w? Will they work, not work, blow up, sound like a sack of shit being thrown at the car? Clearly I'm not too clued up on all this, so help much appreciated. Smile
Thanks given by:
Right you need to find the RMS rating of the speakers. That 50w x4 will be the peak power which the HU can't sustain for any period of time. The RMS of the HU will probably be about 30w RMS if your lucky.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Best way 2 do it is run the front speakers of the headunit and run the rears off an amp, does mean running wires around your car but will b well worth it
Thanks given by:
Other way round choppin. The front speakers should be doing most of the work. Rears are just there for rear fill
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yer just even more wiring, did do it on my first 306 and had extra tweeters in the wingmirror covers but only coz u can't really hear the speakers in the front as the sit so low on the door cards, anyway best bet is 2 run um all off amps, much better quality
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys. Think for now I'm gonma go scrappy and grab a few off a 306 that's there. An amp is a bit out of my price range at the moment and the 'how' of wiring it all up is outside of my knowledge. Sad
Thanks given by:
Decent set of comp's up front amped
Get rid of the rears then a decent sub in the back :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2012, 02:26 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: Decent set of comp's up front amped
Get rid of the rears then a decent sub in the back :-)

lol. I wish. Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Connecting car stereo controls with aftermarket stereo andrej.pilipovic 4 2,238 07-10-2018, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset