FACK ORRFFF!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FACK ORRFFF!
Argh unbelievably pissed off right now. Just went out and got a new set of front discs and pads as I've a couple of warped discs at the front.

Things looked a bit suspect as I stripped the O/S caliper down, didn't even have to get a 17mm spanner on the slider to stop it spinning. Upon closer inspection I appear to have forgotten to grease that one when I rebuilt the calipers a couple of years ago and the slider is seized in.

Not normally a problem, but it's that seized that a 17mm socket just rounded it off trying to extract it and numerous blows with a chisel have bent the pin to the point it won't bend back and the caliper won't reassemble.

So now having just spent money on discs and pads I now need a whole new caliper, or at least a carrier if anyone's prepared to split one.

FML!
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What are they 266's or did you take the gti setup off the Sundance?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
283's mate. If they were 266's id be off to the scrappies just now.

Can't even get the slider out to reuse the carrier.
Thanks given by:
Ahh I got some 266's in the garage you could have had for not much more than postage
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
In fact.. anyone know if the slider bolts between the 266's and the 283's are the same?

Wondering if it's worth trying to get the bolt out or just get a new caliper?
Thanks given by:
I've got some calipers.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
To be honest if i'm replacing calipers i'm looking at 302mm ones now. Just need to find suitable yokes...
Thanks given by:
Too heavy, don't do it...
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
So I changed the discs and pads on my gf's car the other day, and didn't grease the sliders when I put them all back together. I'm not gonna have done the same am I?
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
If you leave them a couple of years with the shit winters then possibly, if you've had the dust seals off there's the chance they could get wet/dirty and seize. This ones so bad, I have no idea how!
Thanks given by: