Any idea?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any idea?
Got my new headlight the other day so I have now fitted that and have a spare passenger side headlight with a FUBAR lens. So yesterday I decided I was going to start on the intake/ram air mod that I'm intending to do to keep my mind occupied whilst there is a huge gap in my f*cking workload!

So I have an accurate size and mounting I'm using the original headlight as a starting point but does anybody have any idea how I can get the lens off so I can disassemble the innards of it?
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Either put it in the oven at 80 degrees for a few minutes or use a hot air gun to soften the glue.......
Thanks given by:
If its a depo they come apart with a hot hair dryer. If its a valeo, you need a hot air gun or put it in the oven. Don't expect it to come apart easy or for it to be tidy when it goes back together!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2012, 07:13 AM)Niall Wrote: If its a depo they come apart with a hot hair dryer. If its a valeo, you need a hot air gun or put it in the oven. Don't expect it to come apart easy or for it to be tidy when it goes back together!

It is a Valeo one I've had a hot air gun on it to no avail, I aint too bothered about it going back together tidy as I'm going to be fibre glassing the headlight itself anyway, have an intake tube ready to put in not too sure really as a mate has a few carbon off-cuts so may just use that instead but need the actual headlight back to hold together so I don't need to re-mould the whole damn thing!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any idea what this cable is for? partybish 4 1,520 12-05-2017, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31