Posts: 6
Threads: 1
Joined: Sep 2014
Location: Czech Republic
Car Model/Spec: 406 Dturbo
Hi, I just bought a TD04 from BMW 525TDS for my XUD9 build. BUT I just found that it is TD04-11G and many of you runs TD04-13 (from Subau etc.) so i am litle bit dissapointed of what i bought

The question is if someone runs the TD04-11 and how it runs??? Or if there is soo big difference between TD04-11 and TD04-13,15 etc... But I think that it will be still much more better than my KKK K14 at 1,5 bar isnt it?
I will run 11mm BOSCH pump with GOV mod, LDA mod, maybe some advance timing mods, HDI rods and organic clutch, and i want to achieve something around 150 - 170 hp. Is it possible with TD04-11? Or I should give up, and start to finding something bigger?
Thank you for any reply!!
(Sorry if my english isnt so good, I am not a native speaker)
Posts: 6
Threads: 1
Joined: Sep 2014
Location: Czech Republic
Car Model/Spec: 406 Dturbo
24-02-2016, 02:28 PM
(This post was last modified: 24-02-2016, 02:35 PM by Jaxvine.)
I am curios how the BMW flange will fit my XUD9

But I know that it will need some metal sheet cuting, welding etc. , no problem at all... 180 hp is nice, but it is on 2,5L, and I have 1,9 L

But I have heavy moded pump and will run some big amount of air pressure... Maybe it will be good enough.... My KKK K14 (standart on XUD9) make something around 120 hp, so I think that TD04 - 11G will make more hp anyway...
My clutch starts to slipping and I need to fit new Bosch pump (11mm head), and Iwant new turbo, so I decided that it is better to build new engine

(have 2 stock engines in my garage)
Posts: 2,330
Threads: 36
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
18
Location: Naarwich
Car Model/Spec: DT
If you can make it fit it will make more power than the KKK, but for the sake of £50-100 finding a TD04-13 would be my advice. The power you want will be achievable with the 11 though.
On the 306 waiting list.
Posts: 6
Threads: 1
Joined: Sep 2014
Location: Czech Republic
Car Model/Spec: 406 Dturbo
I bought it with no knowledge, so i dont know that there is TD04 - 11,13,15 etc. Can you tell me some examples of cars where TD04 - 13 is fitted? I know only the Subaru, but even on Subaru i dont know on which model...
Posts: 20,092
Threads: 591
Joined: Nov 2012
Reputation:
54
Location: Cotswolds
Car Model/Spec: Stage 13 16v HDi
For the sake of £50-100....
Buy a decent turbo from this century
Posts: 10,864
Threads: 117
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
119
Location: Southampton
Car Model/Spec: 306 HDi and friends
If it's not in the right orientation it won't fit down the back, something to bear in mind...
Posts: 6
Threads: 1
Joined: Sep 2014
Location: Czech Republic
Car Model/Spec: 406 Dturbo
Now it is pointless, because the turbo arrived to me, and have a big shaftplay

I asked the seller twice if it haven´t any shaft play...Realy bad surprise for me.

So it is a crap, I try to sell it for a budget, take more money, and look for some GT20xx as i wanted before...