Posts: 224
Threads: 37
Joined: Dec 2014
Reputation:
1
Location: Faversham
What is the front panel that is underneath the car and it carries a wiring loom on the bottom of it, what I think is the power steering pipe runs along it and I think the radiator sits on it, the piece itself is painted the same colour as the car.
The reason I want to know is that I had a barely 10mph meeting with a bank head on due to the wet roads today, and I'm trying to work out how much it's going to cost to fix, any help would be much appreciated
Posts: 1,111
Threads: 61
Joined: May 2015
Reputation:
3
Location: Glasgow
Car Model/Spec: Phase 1 306 xsS
Isn't it just the lower part of the front slam panel?
Posts: 824
Threads: 48
Joined: Oct 2014
Reputation:
4
Location: Lutterworth, Leicestershire
Car Model/Spec: 306 Rallye
One of these my friend?
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-PEUGEOT-...ING_ACTIVE
I'll take Westons cider as a finders fee
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Posts: 224
Threads: 37
Joined: Dec 2014
Reputation:
1
Location: Faversham
13-08-2015, 06:06 PM
(This post was last modified: 13-08-2015, 06:07 PM by connorp.)
My slam panel is black and my car is china blue, this piece I'm talking about is finished in china blue and I didn't think slam panels had a lower part, but I can't say that for sure
That may be it but I'm not 100% I will try and get a pictures of it tomorrow, if it is that i will snap it up!
Posts: 824
Threads: 48
Joined: Oct 2014
Reputation:
4
Location: Lutterworth, Leicestershire
Car Model/Spec: 306 Rallye
Click my eBay link Connor. That part is normally painted body colour and is the section underneath the radiator. This is the only painted section carrying a wiring loom I can think of on the front of a 306
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Posts: 824
Threads: 48
Joined: Oct 2014
Reputation:
4
Location: Lutterworth, Leicestershire
Car Model/Spec: 306 Rallye
It's nothing to do with the slam panel. It connects the inner wings at their base and is normally painted the same as the body.
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Posts: 224
Threads: 37
Joined: Dec 2014
Reputation:
1
Location: Faversham
I tried hammering but there's not a lot of room to get at it.
Also my bonnet is sitting lower than my wings at the edges of the bonnet, is this fixable?
Posts: 18,242
Threads: 386
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
87
Location: Suffolk
Car Model/Spec: Focus Titanium
Be plenty of room if you remove the rad first...
You need to post a pic or 2 really regarding the bonnet, sounds like more damage than I had first assumed. Has the slam panel bent as well? Or the chassis legs?
Posts: 224
Threads: 37
Joined: Dec 2014
Reputation:
1
Location: Faversham
Yeah true.
I didn't check, I'll have to look tomorrow, hopefully it's not too bad otherwise I'm going to look at getting something else