Posts: 100
Threads: 47
Joined: Apr 2013
Reputation:
0
Location: Welshpool
Car Model/Spec: 2001 lx hdi estate
Hi all.
Hope I am posting in the correct section. How many miles will I get from my original clutch? at present it`s 169000 and pulling strong. I am running down to Newquay in july and don't want it to fail on me then. Being an old driver (63) and enjoying it. Plenty of enthusiasm for 306.
Cheers.
Posts: 20,092
Threads: 591
Joined: Nov 2012
Reputation:
54
Location: Cotswolds
Car Model/Spec: Stage 13 16v HDi
Anything from 100miles to 100k miles.
Not really an answerable question I'm afraid
Posts: 6,258
Threads: 371
Joined: Feb 2014
Reputation:
29
Location: suffolk
Car Model/Spec: ford fiesta
They don't have a specified mileage as all drivers are different. It will go when it wears completely. Sorry I cant be more precise for you.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Posts: 1,248
Threads: 85
Joined: May 2014
Reputation:
8
Location: Walsall
Car Model/Spec: E90 330i
It will start slightly slipping when it's on it's way out. I drove mine on motorways for a few months with a slipping clutch and it's fine as long as you drive sensibly and don't smash the accelerator into the floor
Posts: 10,864
Threads: 117
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
119
Location: Southampton
Car Model/Spec: 306 HDi and friends
If you've persuaded the original to last this far you should be fine, what's 300 miles to 169,000!
Are there any signs of imminent failure; ie clutch pedal stiff or not returning fully, release bearing noisy, slipping under heavy acceleration, etc?
Posts: 18,242
Threads: 386
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
87
Location: Suffolk
Car Model/Spec: Focus Titanium
Are you sure its original? I haven't seen a release bearing last that long even if the clutch plate does!
As others have said though, you can't put a distance on a clutch, but it shouldn't fail without prior warning anyway, so you'd have to be unlucky for it to completely fail on the one week you're away!