Posts: 18
Threads: 4
Joined: Sep 2014
Hi all
Does anybody know if the Ariel on my phase 1 306 xld 1994 can be removed from the car at the roof outside. I know the whole Ariel can be removed from inside the car via the inside light but i am just wanting the long Ariel arm off as I am intending to cover up the car for the rest of the winter
cheers
martin
Posts: 1,417
Threads: 34
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
8
If you mean just the antenna and not the base then yeah it SHOULD just unscrew
Posts: 6,367
Threads: 87
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
48
Location: South Yorks.
Car Model/Spec: Rouge vallelunga 5 door Dturbo
as above, it unscrews . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Posts: 1,897
Threads: 162
Joined: May 2012
Reputation:
21
Location: Dunstable
Car Model/Spec: 306 HDI Dturbo, Estate & GTI6
It should but in most cases it'll be corroded together.
Posts: 18
Threads: 4
Joined: Sep 2014
Thanks lads I've had a good look at it and there seems to be a joint which to me means it should screw out. So a couple of days of WD40 before I try and unscrew it.
Martin
Posts: 18
Threads: 4
Joined: Sep 2014
15-12-2014, 09:36 AM
(This post was last modified: 15-12-2014, 09:39 AM by Seaspray.
Edit Reason: complete a sentence.
)
Hi Lads
I had a good look at it and notice a joint where it may unscrew. Took it down to my local garage to see if I unscrewed it could he fit a complete new unit incase it broke. Next thing I know he has the antenna screwed off.

: Now I can cover the car to try and protect it from this Scottish wet winter. The car has spent 18 years in Kent which is a lot better weather.
Thanks lads :
Martin
Now all I have to do is find a inner rubber splash guard for the rear nearside . So far its like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
Posts: 1,897
Threads: 162
Joined: May 2012
Reputation:
21
Location: Dunstable
Car Model/Spec: 306 HDI Dturbo, Estate & GTI6
Any phase 3 3 or 5 door should have one.
Posts: 18
Threads: 4
Joined: Sep 2014
cheers DeeTurbo that opens a few more doors
Martin
Posts: 18
Threads: 4
Joined: Sep 2014
18-12-2014, 09:16 AM
(This post was last modified: 18-12-2014, 09:20 AM by Seaspray.
Edit Reason: correct grammer
)
I took a chance and contacted the Peugeot main agents. The bloke on the phone took sometime to locate the part (inner splash guard) and verify that it was available in 2 days. My old boy goes in to get it fitted Friday. It has took me 2 years to fit the part another main Peugeot sometime ago said it was obsolete which put me off the search. Thanks DeeTurbo your reply prompted me to continue the search. Cheers mate.
Martin
Now the search is on for a replacement phase 1 or same like Steering Wheel.
Posts: 18
Threads: 4
Joined: Sep 2014
(18-12-2014, 09:29 AM)DeeTurbo Wrote: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=28304
Phase 1 s16 wheel?
Cheers mate Its a 2 spoke wheel I am looking for to keep car's originality if poss
Martin