Might already of been covered this...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Might already of been covered this...
Now this area of may have been covered before but i could find a thread for it soo thought id start my own

the other week i changed the clutch cable on my car and removed the annoying spring Peugeot kindly put in and it felt great for a week then as i gave it some stick the clutch would start slipping around 2.5-3k revs first though was great the clutch is on its way out awesome!. then i thought maybe it was something to do with the clutch cable so checked that out got someone to operate the clutch while i had a poke around and turns out the clutch release arm bearing was dry as a bone and wasn't letting the clutch out fully so lubed it up good and proper and for a good week now no clutch slip so must of done the job Big Grin

im sure someone will link me to a thread already covering this Wink
Thanks given by:
so your clutch shaft was seized? that'll need looking at sooner than later.
Thanks given by:
(13-08-2014, 12:30 PM)welshpug Wrote: so your clutch shaft was seized? that'll need looking at sooner than later.

its more of a job then just lube it up and forget about it then?? Undecided
Thanks given by:
Um, the release arm is mounted in self-lubricating bushes, if its getting stuck either they're knackered or the release bearing is starting to seize. Is the bearing noisy at all? Can be a whirring/scraping/rattling noise (varies a lot lol), which changes when you depress the clutch.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(13-08-2014, 12:44 PM)Poodle Wrote: Um, the release arm is mounted in self-lubricating bushes, if its getting stuck either they're knackered or the release bearing is starting to seize. Is the bearing noisy at all? Can be a whirring/scraping/rattling noise (varies a lot lol), which changes when you depress the clutch.

there was a slight squeak from it but now that's gone
Thanks given by:
A squeaking from the bearing, or a squeak when you pushed the pedal down?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(13-08-2014, 05:09 PM)Poodle Wrote: A squeaking from the bearing, or a squeak when you pushed the pedal down?

While pushing the pedal down
Thanks given by:
Ok, that's just a squeaky pedal or something then, hopefully it's just the bushes in that case.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Many Miles Has Your HDI Covered? MY95 75 18,475 07-06-2014, 10:00 AM
Last Post: pugolliek