Posts: 5,024
Threads: 82
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
27
Location: North Somerset
Car Model/Spec: E92 335i, GTi6, HDi S2
Imagine there's a tear on the small rubber pipe coming directly off the turbo itself, this is what happened to ours and made a right mess
Posts: 10,864
Threads: 117
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
119
Location: Southampton
Car Model/Spec: 306 HDi and friends
Its as good as impossible to get that pipe out without removing the engine, although if you really want it off you can remove the top engine mount and roll the engine forwards for access - use a jack under the sump to support it. The pipe needs to be disconnected from the breather and maf at the other end before you can move it.
Posts: 36
Threads: 13
Joined: Jun 2014
Poodle did u recieve my e mail and payment?
Sean
Posts: 1,261
Threads: 61
Joined: Sep 2013
Reputation:
4
Location: Lisburn, Northern Ireland
Car Model/Spec: 306 HDI
That photo you have shown shows the bolt missing
Theres a small m6 bolt that goes into the turbo from that bracket, holding the intake pipe on.
It is a ballache to get at and ive always made sure its well on if ive had the engine out.
Posts: 235
Threads: 50
Joined: May 2013
Reputation:
0
Location: Herts
Car Model/Spec: 306 HDI Dturbo
Mine looks similarly oily (as have other HDIs I've worked on).
I haven't managed to figure it out yet. I tightened the jubilee clips on the short silicone pieces on the plastic turbo pipe which doesn't seem to have made any difference.
I know inlet elbow gasket is leaking on mine but I can't see how this would make it oily lower down. I'm probably going to degrease the whole area and see where oil starts appearing after a few drives...
Posts: 10,864
Threads: 117
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
119
Location: Southampton
Car Model/Spec: 306 HDi and friends
12-06-2014, 09:39 PM
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2014, 09:41 PM by Poodle.)
New o-ring would be the best bet i think.
That's the lowest point on the intake, therefore that's where the oil from the breather sits when the engine is off. Not surprising it seeps a bit in it's old age tbf lol.
Posts: 66
Threads: 17
Joined: Mar 2014
I washed mine down with engine cleaner and a jet wash, not a drop come back so far

180k and still going strong!