crank aux drive belt pulley

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
crank aux drive belt pulley
hi fellow 306'ers..........having seen the pics of the recent crank pulley failure and what it does to the cam belt, and since our 306 has aux drive belt issues ( belt squeeeeks like mad when fitted correctly which is annoying, and makes a horrible noise when fitted so it don't squeeeek ( ie one valley over so the inner valley on the crank pulley is not used , naughty I know but that's how it came ) and the rubber bonding is all of 14 years old...............we have a long motor way trip planned in the summer and the car must not break down!!!!!!!!!!

how does the solid version compare with the oe rubber bonded version??

is the engine more vibby and rough if the solid pulley is fitted??

the Haynes manual suggests that the flywheel is a solid normal type rather than the modern dual mass ( bloody expensive ) type.

anyone fitted the solid version as a replacement and how is it doing??

any help greatly appreciated as I feel I'm dammed if I do and dammed if I don't.......paranoia or what?

as ever a brilliant forum.
Thanks given by:
Its a very popluar upgrade to use the solid 307 crank pulley or lynx engineering do a nice fancy machined one. Have a look through previous threads its been brought up enough times.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Crank pulley compatibility Dreijers 0 1,150 01-06-2017, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Dreijers
  Pulley Noise, Belt Slipping Squealing sometimes when steering ollieh17 1 1,085 15-12-2016, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Middle box delete and crank pulley allye 27 6,322 29-10-2016, 06:41 AM
Last Post: allye