Posts: 57
Threads: 15
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: kent
Car Model/Spec: 306 hdi
20-03-2014, 11:06 PM
I've come across this problem that when I get to about quarter of a tank it either cuts out and I can't start it for a few seconds, or my engine light comes on and I get the codes...
Po220 Throttle position sensor.
Po380 glow pug
Po230 fuel pump primary.
[attachment=14459]
[attachment=14460]
[attachment=14461]
I'm slightly confused on why it seems to do this? Any ideas?
Cheers
Posts: 6,569
Threads: 183
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
20
Location: eastwood/notts
Car Model/Spec: moonstone hdi #2
Its something to do with your fuel pumo mate. Someone will be here to say exactly what. The
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Posts: 57
Threads: 15
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: kent
Car Model/Spec: 306 hdi
(20-03-2014, 11:08 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Its something to do with your fuel pumo mate. Someone will be here to say exactly what. The
A pal mentioned that maybe my filter needs cleaning? Maybe the bottom half is just a bit more filthy than it should be
Posts: 57
Threads: 15
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: kent
Car Model/Spec: 306 hdi
(21-03-2014, 06:41 AM)Poodle Wrote: It's could be worth letting her run down on fuel then cleaning out the gunk in the tank and strainer if it's never been done.
Are you an "enthusiastic" driver?
A lot of people find that stage 2 power is too much for their fuel tank to cope with - no really, the acceleration can actually force the fuel back away from the pick up point for the pump, causing a loss in pressure. You'll get the same problem on long right-hand corners and roundabouts. Try leaving a bit more fuel in the tank, you might find it makes the necessary difference.
Wow someone is up early! And yes I kinda of am, well I like to show up a few people, their face when they see a 5door hatch sooting past them :p Ahh thanks anyways! Might give it a clean on the weekend!
Posts: 667
Threads: 68
Joined: Dec 2013
Reputation:
4
Location: Holbeach, Lincolnshire
Car Model/Spec: 306 HDI
i had exactly same problem mate, turns out the filters in my car needed cleaning/ changing. That being lift pump and fuel filter.
although my lift pump didnt last much longer after this started to be fair, wouldnt run below a quarter of a tank, id be checking your filters and also how much gold flakes are in the bottom of the fuel filter housing
thanks
Posts: 299
Threads: 4
Joined: Feb 2014
Reputation:
6
Check the wire mesh filter in the lift pump in the tank, after that clean the fuel pressure regulator.
Posts: 57
Threads: 15
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: kent
Car Model/Spec: 306 hdi
(21-03-2014, 05:58 PM)pro_steve Wrote: Check the wire mesh filter in the lift pump in the tank, after that clean the fuel pressure regulator.
Thanks guys I will check this out, on my list of things to do!