Urgent help needed after fitting GTI inlet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urgent help needed after fitting GTI inlet
Just fitted my gti inlet manifold with 1.8 injectors, started it up and its over revving and is producing a very loud squealing noise. I think its coming from underneath the inlet manifold. Checked seals etc and they seem to be fine.
Someone pleeeeaaase help...I'm like a damsel in distress here Sad lol
Cheers
Dan
Thanks given by:
Have you used the 1.8 sensors on the mani? If so have you done a ecu reset?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Yeah its got the 1.8 sensors on. Haven't tried ecu reset yet but I'm concerned about the squeal. Seems to me like air could be getting in somewhere?
Thanks given by:
Prat

There is a air leak somewhere after the throttle body. More than likey where it bolts to the head. New gasket is essential! Try spraying WD40 around the joins and see if it revs. If it does, theres your leak.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yep air leak, the bottom of the manifold can be an issue, seem to remember someone having a problem with it getting caught up on something and not sealing correctly. Do as Niall says. If that sorts your squeal then sorted. Smile
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2013, 07:50 PM)Matt Wrote: Yep air leak, the bottom of the manifold can be an issue, seem to remember someone having a problem with it getting caught up on something and not sealing correctly. Do as Niall says. If that sorts your squeal then sorted. Smile

That was me lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Yeah I've got a lovely new gasket on it Smile had to re seat it earlier as it didn't seem to sit properly. Will go and have another go at getting it sitting flat again. Bastard things. Currently making myself feel better by indulging in a KFC.
Also the bottom of the manifold was trying to sit on the hard coolant pipe so I relocated that slightly.
Thanks given by:
Yeah that pipe normally is an issue, you just need to adjust slightly. Can't see what you issue is. Made sure all the bolts are nice and tight?
Thanks given by:
Take the manifold off and make sure there is no old gasket stuck to it or the block. I used a single sided blade to clean mine up as it can be a PITA to do.
btw text me. I want to know if your coming to FCS with us!!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
It was sat on the pipe at first so I skillfully relocated it Wink will have a go at it when I get back in about half hour. Hopefully it sorts the problems. Also the front face of the gti TB has 2 pipes which go on...assume one is the small one which goes to the drivers wing and the big one goes to the cam cover? Also do these HAVE to be connected? Lol
Yeah I'm coming to FCS but probably just for one day mate.
Thanks given by:
They have to be yes, as the vacuum will affect the idle speed.

As I said on the phone, I bet you ain't put an inlet gasket in have ya? Itwasntme

:p

Edit: just read the text, as the other gays said, check for crap producing a leak Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Yeah got brand new gaskets Smile

All fixed now though. Cleaned the crap up but think it was the coolant hard pipe stopping it fitting on properly. The gasket felt like there was a small amount of play in it. Does roar a tad now when you give it some Wink
Cheers for the help guys.
Thanks given by:
Do you fit GTi inlet in a XU7? If yes, probably the injection send "poor" mixture.
Thanks given by:
Sure did yeah. And it had the xu7 injectors and pressure fitted along with all the 1.8 sensors so all was okay.
Thanks given by: