Door change

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Door change
Came back from work yesterday to find that some twat had smashed a hole in my door with a screwdriver, got it open gouged the dash ripping my pioneer cd player out, broke the lock on the glove box and took the face, and also found my hidden ipod behind the dash. So bacicly i need a new door now , how hard are these to change and can i switch the key locks over easily ?

Thanks in advance
Thanks given by:
What year 306 is yours?
Thanks given by:
Y reg so i think thats a 2000 its a estate if that makes a difference
Thanks given by:
door are easy to change, but you will need to sort the locks. is your current lock still useable or is it fubar'd?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Im swapping mine this eve (2001 model) so can let you know how I get on. I'm not bothering to swap the lock though as I aways use remote locking and will use the passenger lock if I'm desperate!
Thanks given by:
They didnt really touch the lock just made a hole by the side of it and bent the metal back
Thanks given by:
Swapped my drives door this evening - easy to whip off but aligning the replacement was a pain and required lots of adjustment - but I think it's more awkward on a 3 door but easier on the 5 door.
Thanks given by:
3 doors are heavier and harder to hold in position, 5 doors are a piece of piss though, just unplug the door loom, unbolt the checkstrap from the car (that way theres no risk of it falling inside) unbolt the two hinges and lift off, and as haynes would say, refitting is the opposite of removal
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
That's strange they were able to get in that way on your's because someone tried that on my W reg and couldn't as there is a thicker plate behind the lock to stop them doing that. But when they broke into my car after trying the locks they just smashed the rear quarter window and climbed in through that leaving scratch marks on the paint. They had to climb through because I always deadlock the car. Bastards also got my Ipod and satnav. I carry the face of my radio around with me now after the first break in when they pulled the locked glove box open. That lock is a joke and is so easy to overcome.

Some fucker got into my girlfriends 206 last night and took her amp and sub. God knows how they got in as there was no damage anywhere. First thing I checked was around the locks but nothing.
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2013, 03:46 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: That's strange they were able to get in that way on your's because someone tried that on my W reg and couldn't as there is a thicker plate behind the lock to stop them doing that. But when they broke into my car after trying the locks they just smashed the rear quarter window and climbed in through that leaving scratch marks on the paint. They had to climb through because I always deadlock the car. Bastards also got my Ipod and satnav. I carry the face of my radio around with me now after the first break in when they pulled the locked glove box open. That lock is a joke and is so easy to overcome.

Some fucker got into my girlfriends 206 last night and took her amp and sub. God knows how they got in as there was no damage anywhere. First thing I checked was around the locks but nothing.

a 206 is stupidly easy to get into, you can open a window with a screwdriver and it just falls into the door lol
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Going to change door locks and key barrel 306__xrdt 8 1,837 15-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Strikeforce