Gaz Coilovers (On my ZX)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gaz Coilovers (On my ZX)
I've got some Gaz coilovers that are in need of a refurb. Luckily they are based not too far from my family. The springs look pretty knackered and Gaz don't charge much for springs.

So my question is what rate springs should i get? Its a 1.9DT Volcane ZX, weighs a bit less than the equivalent 306 DT (1090kg).

Opinions appreciated.

Thanks
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Not sure why but 250 springs to mind. I think mine are over that though.
Thanks given by:
(30-05-2013, 03:58 PM)Anton Wrote: I've got some Gaz coilovers that are in need of a refurb. Luckily they are based not too far from my family. The springs look pretty knackered and Gaz don't charge much for springs.

So my question is what rate springs should i get? Its a 1.9DT Volcane ZX, weighs a bit less than the equivalent 306 DT (1090kg).

Opinions appreciated.

Thanks

That's nearly 200kg less than a 306 isn't it?
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ask them.

They will be the best to advise on a product they are selling and are well versed in recommending spring rates. They recommended mine for the MX5 based on a local company's development race car...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
I was going to CAR but wanted to ask peoples opinions too. I am fitting 306 coilovers on a ZX for a start.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Gaz are very good, if you can get hold of them to talk to. They will go by your vehicle weight and what you intend to use it for and give their best advice - far better than any mug on this website will claim to know lol
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
From what ive seen most companies stick 250lbs springs on 306 coilies, but depending on the rear setup this should probably be softer with a standard beam (especially DTs) and stiffer for 21mm+ bars. Ive also found that the standard coilover springs are normally quite small (7 inch), tbh, they could really do with the extra travel to stop them coilbinding!
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hmmm thanks Atterz. Can't decide between 250 and 275....
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by: