Wheel Nut confusion...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wheel Nut confusion...
I've got some steelies which were on my car originally , all have 7mm of tread, good nick etc, so thinking of using them until I can source a set of decent alloys. I've got Harriers atm which are decent but I want to see what the ride is like with steelies.

I've got 3 types of bolts though, 1 set which are keeping the harriers fastened, a small neck then the thread, and then another set, which have a larger neck then the thread, possibly from a previous set of 'clones I had.

3rd set have no neck, just the bolt head, a countersink type thing then thread...

Which ones can or should I use for the steelies...?

I'd put up pics but my phone's hooked up having a new ROM done :\

Cheers...!
Thanks given by:
Steely bolts should be bolt head then narrows into a taper without pictures I'm not sure what yours are by the sounds the first set are for harriers/clones second set are for lasers with the longer head an 3rd are for your steels

From the description hope this helps
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
3rd set for the steelies dude
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
Cheers Danny, will bear that in mind and check the bolts of both my 306's...might explain the slight shake at 60mph in my other 306, it's had everything done i.e, balancing etc.

Cheers Parksy...fancy seeing you on here mate lol haha.

Been in the shed and have found a full set of steelie bolts...gonna get the tyres checked, and if they're good I'll fit them...gonna put up a Wanted too for 2x good condition Harriers...2 of mine have laquer peel... Sad
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2013, 06:28 PM)silestanix Wrote: Cheers Danny, will bear that in mind and check the bolts of both my 306's...might explain the slight shake at 60mph in my other 306, it's had everything done i.e, balancing etc.

Been in the shed and have found a full set of steelie bolts...gonna get the tyres checked, and if they're good I'll fit them...gonna put up a Wanted too for 2x good condition Harriers...2 of mine have laquer peel... Sad

Joined both around the same time dude but im on .net more, more members round my neck of the woods, hows your pug? I have 2 harriers but dont think they are any good Sad
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2013, 06:53 PM)Parksy87 Wrote:
(18-03-2013, 06:28 PM)silestanix Wrote: Cheers Danny, will bear that in mind and check the bolts of both my 306's...might explain the slight shake at 60mph in my other 306, it's had everything done i.e, balancing etc.

Joined both around the same time dude but im on .net more, more members round my neck of the woods, hows your pug? I have 2 harriers but dont think they are any good Sad

Ah right; Mine's doing alright, got an issue with ride height as it's sitting about 0.6-0.8cm lower on the driver's side, had a new rear beam, and new front springs so only thing left now is new shockers...but it's handling evenly so gonna spend the money on a Bosch instead via KrisB..had a lot done to her though, pretty much a new car now, haha! How's smokey doin? and it's cool mate I'm sure I'll source some...car looks good now except those 2 alloys...and the absence of both a D-T front bumper + fogs, and rear spoiler...
Thanks given by:
(19-03-2013, 12:42 AM)silestanix Wrote:
(18-03-2013, 06:53 PM)Parksy87 Wrote:

Ah right; Mine's doing alright, got an issue with ride height as it's sitting about 0.6-0.8cm lower on the driver's side, had a new rear beam, and new front springs so only thing left now is new shockers...but it's handling evenly so gonna spend the money on a Bosch instead via KrisB..had a lot done to her though, pretty much a new car now, haha! How's smokey doin? and it's cool mate I'm sure I'll source some...car looks good now except those 2 alloys...and the absence of both a D-T front bumper + fogs, and rear spoiler...

Smokey is trashed mate got hit just after xmas, both rear quarters are knackered along with other dents and scratches from inconsiderate tossers, manifold is leaking, rear beam is knackered front end is knocking, rocker gasket is leaking,

Already got everything to refurb my spare drum beam though and will be putting gti bars in it, Pi rears shocks and powerflex mount tensioners

Front is having new tie rods and ends, ball joints, droplinks AND already got a full set of powerflex bushes to put on some spare bottom arms engine will be sorted and then its being bodged/repaired and painted black lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rainsport 3 Confusion! Toms306 36 13,417 17-02-2014, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Rear beam mount confusion JJtheHITMAN 25 5,818 16-12-2013, 10:09 PM
Last Post: JJtheHITMAN