306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Phone rooting help? - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Couch (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Phone rooting help? (/showthread.php?tid=8876)

Pages: 1 2

Phone rooting help? - Tom - 12-12-2012

Anyone? Galaxy s2 followed a guide, done the kernel with odin it said pass but wont reboot! What do i do?

RE: Phone rooting help? - Just Sean - 12-12-2012

put it in the bin n buy new fone!

RE: Phone rooting help? - Tom - 12-12-2012

Thanks lol

RE: Phone rooting help? - Just Sean - 12-12-2012

im just kidding...

RE: Phone rooting help? - Tom - 12-12-2012

Yeah i get it, just might of killed my phone lol

RE: Phone rooting help? - Just Sean - 13-12-2012

Sorry for my bad timing then Sad

RE: Phone rooting help? - Tom - 13-12-2012

Its ok buddy i sorted it! Never trust the internet, i flashed a shite file onto my phone, the root went perfectly once i got the right file Smile

RE: Phone rooting help? - Andy - 13-12-2012

Sorry I didn't she this earlier mate. It's harder than you think to brick a phone. It obviously just wouldn't boot due to maybe having not flashed the correct boot.img? Or not writing the correct ROM onto your phone? I'm not an expert by any means.

What have you gone for then man?? I would show you mine but my ROM doesn't allow me to take screen shots. Nor does it let me use Bluetooth, but as it happens the ROM for 4.2.1 on the Desire HD doesn't allow Bluetooth to work on that either.

My ROM is an Endeavor one. As above 4.2.1.
Had 4.1.1 yesterday, but this version is just f★cking epic. We also did the same as you and thought we had bollocksed it, but it was fine in the end.

Im going to have a try of rainbox, looks like fun. I was supposed to flash a kernel before i could root it and i got one that disagreed with my phone, i just flashed a different one and it worked fine :p

RE: Phone rooting help? - r3k1355 - 13-12-2012

Cygenamod JB roms are the best ones out there for the SII, I've tried plenty and these roms are so smooth, stable and quick it's unreal.

RE: Phone rooting help? - Midnightclub - 13-12-2012

(13-12-2012, 01:08 AM)Andy Wrote: Sorry I didn't she this earlier mate. It's harder than you think to brick a phone. It obviously just wouldn't boot due to maybe having not flashed the correct boot.img? Or not writing the correct ROM onto your phone? I'm not an expert by any means.

What have you gone for then man?? I would show you mine but my ROM doesn't allow me to take screen shots. Nor does it let me use Bluetooth, but as it happens the ROM for 4.2.1 on the Desire HD doesn't allow Bluetooth to work on that either.

Had 4.1.1 yesterday, but this version is just f★cking epic. We also did the same as you and thought we had bollocksed it, but it was fine in the end.

Andy, you can take screenshots.. hold down power button and press 'screenshot' Tongue

RE: Phone rooting help? - Ed Doe - 13-12-2012

(13-12-2012, 10:30 AM)Midnightclub Wrote:
(13-12-2012, 01:08 AM)Andy Wrote: Sorry I didn't she this earlier mate. It's harder than you think to brick a phone. It obviously just wouldn't boot due to maybe having not flashed the correct boot.img? Or not writing the correct ROM onto your phone? I'm not an expert by any means.

Andy, you can take screenshots.. hold down power button and press 'screenshot' Tongue

He's running a custom rom, which wont allow him to take screenshots Tongue

Would i be right to assume if my computer thinks my memory card is empty and has 0 storage and cant format it, does that mean its f*cked?

@ Danny - Ed is correct. I've tried everything, no screenshots for me haha. Never mind.

@ Tom - Doubt that means its f×cked mate. Is it showing the true reading of how much memory is actually on your phone? When Danny was playing around with mine he had to access my internal storage a very different way.And everything a new ROM is installed it'll wipe it anyway.

RE: Phone rooting help? - kernow_joe - 13-12-2012

(13-12-2012, 10:29 AM)r3k1355 Wrote: Cygenamod JB roms are the best ones out there for the SII, I've tried plenty and these roms are so smooth, stable and quick it's unreal.
+1 same here had many different flavours and settled with cm10 android v4.1.2 on my old galaxy s 1 and is awesome, don't need to be investing in anything new for a while

That's fair enough, this endeavor one is pretty good but here are the downsides...

1. Bluetooth doesn't work.
2. No screenshots
3. The touch screen isn't quite as responsive while scrolling.

These are the only things that's wrong. Tbh I don't use Bluetooth. Its very rare that I use the screenshot function and the screen is easily livable.

I genuinely expect it does work... might need to have a fiddle again.. ¬_¬ i've got the exact same rom ffs and mine works fine! You'll probably need to add it to the 'power menu' options andy, I had to before it'd work!

@ ED - I know, i put the ROM on his phone lol..

(13-12-2012, 01:07 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: I genuinely expect it does work... might need to have a fiddle gain.. ¬_¬ i've got the exact same rom ffs and mine works fine! You'll probably need to add it to the 'power menu' options andy, I had to before it'd work!

@ ED - I know, i put the ROM on his phone lol..

Yours is an endeavor ROM? Yours has much more features on it than mine. And your phone is a granny compared to mine haha. Well I'll have a like around and see what i can find .

Well im rocking Rainbox v7 its quite good so far... Cant wait to get home and have a proper play and get some more features unlocked! Anyone know how to change so when i press the lock button it does that cool fade type thing like on the xperia?

It'll probably be a mod for the rom mate, it's usually just called the 'CRT animation'.. Mines already got it built in, Just download it and flash it, job jobbed Smile

(13-12-2012, 04:55 PM)Tom Wrote: Well im rocking Rainbox v7 its quite good so far... Cant wait to get home and have a proper play and get some more features unlocked! Anyone know how to change so when i press the lock button it does that cool fade type thing like on the xperia?

Like an old TV switching off? That would depend on the ROM I expect mate.

RE: Phone rooting help? - Niall - 13-12-2012

So if android phones are soooo good, why all the hassle of trying to put a different OS on it?

/mobilephonecanofwormsopening

(13-12-2012, 04:56 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: It'll probably be a mod for the rom mate, it's usually just called the 'CRT animation'.. Mines already got it built in, Just download it and flash it, job jobbed Smile

I swear the last time I asked you, you said it depends on the ROM.

Well in that case. I bloody want it. Its epic.

(13-12-2012, 04:59 PM)Niall Wrote: So if android phones are soooo good, why all the hassle of trying to put a different OS on it?doesn't ilephonecanofwormsopening

Because its awesome having an OS that isn't designed/won't be brought out for your phone. I swear all iphone OS's are the same... Bar maps which doesnt work or thinks you're in China.

Hate I phones... But love you for who you aren't Niall.

fair enough. Still at least ios does everything most people need and you dont need to f*ck about changing stuff like that.
Ah how easy life is with an iPhone......

But I chose to make my (Dannys) life that little more difficult with fooking around with it. I didn't have to, but wanted to. Plus its good to learn new things. I could have waited for an update but I couldn't be arsed. I swear by Android... Always will. Its a much more laid back system as to what you can do with them.

well this was a boring failed troll!

(13-12-2012, 05:16 PM)Niall Wrote: well this was a boring failed troll!

Didn't bite, winning.

(13-12-2012, 05:18 PM)Andy Wrote:

Didn't bite, winning.

you will and i know you will because your one of these sad act bastards that wanks him self silly over the thought of anything Android and HTC and would murder anyone who suggests that the iphone is a better made, better working device.

Big Grin

You don't NEED to change anything, my phone worked epically out of the box, as it's still android it isn't a different OS either.. But in the same way people jailbreak iphones so they can use different features.. it's the same with android..

Also Andy, I did say it depends on the rom..which it does, that mod has to be available for the rom.. it's a VERY common mod though so most offer it in some way, shape or form

(13-12-2012, 05:22 PM)Niall Wrote:
(13-12-2012, 05:18 PM)Andy Wrote:

Didn't bite, winning.

you will and i know you will because your one of these sad act bastards that wanks him self silly over the thought of anything Android and HTC and would murder anyone who suggests that the iphone is a better made, better working device.

Big Grin

You know me too well Niall.

Danny... In that case, find one I must.