306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
New Star Wars films announced. - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Couch (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: New Star Wars films announced. (/showthread.php?tid=7558)

New Star Wars films announced. - Jake - 31-10-2012

So. As you have probably all heard on the news, Disney has bought the rights to lucasarts Star Wars franchise and announced there will be 3 more films released.

What do people think then?

I'm personally a fan of the films and look forward to seeing what they come up with!

New Star Wars films announced. - THE_Liam - 31-10-2012

I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and I think it's great. No, they won't be as good as the original trilogy but substandard Star Wars is better than no Star Wars at all Wink

RE: New Star Wars films announced. - talbotsteve - 31-10-2012

Couldn't be any worse than the last 3, hopefully the go with Timothy Zahns 3 sequal books, excellent.

What worries me is who'll play Luke, Leia and Han...

Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill are in their 60's and Harrison Ford is like 70...

New Star Wars films announced. - Jake - 31-10-2012

(31-10-2012, 07:03 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and I think it's great. No, they won't be as good as the original trilogy but substandard Star Wars is better than no Star Wars at all Wink

This was my thoughts..

Loads of fans saying it will kill Star Wars ..
Surely until yesterday Star Wars was already dead ?

Exactly mate, it was over...

Nothing will ever touch TESB, best film ever made full stop, but I can't see it being that bad really Smile

RE: New Star Wars films announced. - talbotsteve - 31-10-2012

This trilogy as a book was excellent.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrawn_Trilogy

RE: New Star Wars films announced. - Pompey306mark - 31-10-2012

Looks like it will be based on ideas from Lucas.

But the books sound good, never read them but seen the general idea of them online.

Disney made the avengers, so I cant see them making any bad films if I am honest.

Isn't the story already written? I thought Lucas wrote it years ago with the others?

RE: New Star Wars films announced. - Pompey306mark - 31-10-2012

I know he/they wrote 50 live action episodes for a series, and there are most likely a whole host of other stories he has written over the years.

RE: New Star Wars films announced. - Eeyore - 31-10-2012

i only like the 3 old ones. The visual effects in the new ones put me off D:

RE: New Star Wars films announced. - Jtrigga - 01-11-2012

I reckon it will be all new characters as each trilogy is already, 2015 i think the first one is out Big Grin

New Star Wars films announced. - THE_Liam - 01-11-2012

Could maybe be about Han and Leia's kids I suppose...

RE: New Star Wars films announced. - ChezHdi - 01-11-2012

yeah, i like the sound of the seeing them, but i dont want them to ruin what they had with the last trilogy, i think CGI etc will play too much of apart that just in general good acting etc...But we shall see..in 3 years lol!

RE: New Star Wars films announced. - HDIkyle - 01-11-2012

Will suck, The olds ones did. So the new ones are bound to

RE: New Star Wars films announced. - Matt - 01-11-2012

IMO they should leave star wars alone. The original trilogy was amazing. The remaining 3 were shit, far to much cgi. I preferred it all how it was. Disney are just going to ruin it further. I mean seriously how can Disney make a good star wars film?

Again who will play everyone? The original cast are stupidly old now. Unless its going to be like far far far away in space there was a nursing home....

So there pretty much going to be complete new cast and for that reason. I'm out

RE: New Star Wars films announced. - Pompey306mark - 01-11-2012

Disney are a massive company which include Pixar (not a bad movie yet), the marvel universe (anyone remember the avenger) disneys first go at a marvel movie.

They will do go stuff I am sure. They are not going to leave it alone. It a multi billion dollar industry, and the last three movies actually did very well, and with the clone wars mini series feeding the younger and older generations there is even more demand for Star Wars now.

New Star Wars films announced. - THE_Liam - 01-11-2012

Don't forget, George Lucas will be executive producer. I know people are complaining that he's not directing it but he didn't direct TESB or ROTJ either...

RE: New Star Wars films announced. - 4WayDiablo - 01-11-2012

RE: New Star Wars films announced. - Kwik - 02-11-2012

this is epic news for me i was born when star wars was out and first film i remember EVER was ROTJ so that holds a special place in my heart. Yes i was disappointed by the last three prequels as i'm sure a lot of people were BUT they was still a good stab at fleshing out the story just a little bit too luvey dovey for me.

Let's hope that these ones keep up the momentum from 4, 5 and 6 eh

RE: New Star Wars films announced. - vlj - 02-11-2012

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202012-10-31%20at%202.34.51%20PM.jpg]

That is all.

RE: New Star Wars films announced. - Ben Jay - 02-11-2012

thats no star.....

New Star Wars films announced. - THE_Liam - 02-11-2012

(02-11-2012, 10:45 AM)Ben Jay Wrote:
(01-11-2012, 11:36 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote:

thats no star.....

...That's a space station...

RE: New Star Wars films announced. - Pompey306mark - 02-11-2012

I believe it's that's no moon.

It's a space station.

New Star Wars films announced. - THE_Liam - 02-11-2012

Your right, but it was close enough.

RE: New Star Wars films announced. - c.gerrard - 02-11-2012

I actually much prefer the last three that they brought out, but what they hey, maybe that's just my age! haha

All of them are absolutely amazing, there's just something about them that I can just stick them on repeat and watch them over and over and over again and never get bored.

Hopefully, they wont go get too creative and come up with loads of crazy characters. Just stick that random band in the background, get a lightsaber battle going. Job done.