306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
In gear, T2 psi? - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Engines (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: XUD Section (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: In gear, T2 psi? (/showthread.php?tid=461)

In gear, T2 psi? - n0v0s - 17-12-2011

Orite lads,

What kind of boost are you lot generating through the gears with a de-wastegated, T2 bosch?

I'm hitting about 24 ish psi in 1st,
26psi in 2nd,
and about 28psi in 3rd using veg oil (+1/2 peak psi with diesel).

Not had a chance to check peak in 5th as i've only just tweaked about more today but previous peak was 28psi in 5th. Would prefer the wastegate on, but i broke the fkin plastic diaphragm nipple... so i can't obviously overfuel to get a constant boost level through the gears.

Re: In gear, T2 psi? - 4WayDiablo - 17-12-2011

mine can push to 34psi in 4th gear, dont usually look at it in other gears, 5th is pretty much the same

Re: In gear, T2 psi? - n0v0s - 18-12-2011

Just destroyed the indestructible turbo lol :x

Managed to walk my mates 160bhp Insignia cdti though just before it went tits up.

Franken pump ftw! I suspect my 9mm bosch isn't too healthy, and that the standard diameter fuel lines and veg are strangling it as its not far off being maxed out.

Re: In gear, T2 psi? - 4WayDiablo - 18-12-2011

other way round mate, 9mm are not as bad as people make out to be, its the turbo that holds it back to a decent power

Yeah, i realise that. People just jump on the 11mm pump bandwagon too often that it's become seemingly essential. Although, i have a 10mm head to put on just to experiment how it differs when runing on Vegetable oil. Trying to flow the thicker fuel at higher rpms in the tighter injection windows with the 9mm strangles it past 4/4.5k ish as the time to burn is reduced. Well thats the theory anyway...

new turbo time first though, ey Sad

Re: In gear, T2 psi? - mark_airey - 18-12-2011

LOL, I nearly commented earlier to say that a T2 won't last long at that boost, seems I was right Tongue

Its massively out of its efficiency range at that sort of pressure!

bitch of a job to do in this weather, hope you got somewhere warm for it Big Grin

I have a mint k14 from a Xantia lying around, but i'm certain the downpipe looks a different angle to a 306 one?? Any ideas?

And the fitment of the t2 downpipe looks different (the part that attatches to the exhaust housing) so i can't just swap it over. Freezing cold garage it is lads =((

Tbf though, i have been commuting for hours without a working heater matrix so i'm getting used to it which is just not right!!?

Hah, yeaaah i know - created epic heatsoak when pressing on. Still, Dturb 1 - Insignia 0 =D (even though it was for all of 30 secs with the new tweaked settings =p)

Dunno about the downpipey bit. I know the bit your on about the 90 bend

And yeah ive had no heating in my car since ive owned it about 8 months now

I payed £10 for a 150w ceramic heater off ebay, it's utter SHIIT! Does jack all. Might cave in and actually rip the dash out. Getting ridiculously cold now man.

Re: In gear, T2 psi? - Jarrus - 18-12-2011

If you want more revs on veggie oil then I would think that a 10mm head plus bigger delievery valves and bigger nozzles would help.

n0v0s Wrote:I payed £10 for a 150w ceramic heater off ebay, it's utter SHIIT! Does jack all. Might cave in and actually rip the dash out. Getting ridiculously cold now man.
Haha i got one aswell tenner from argos. Agreed its crap but give it 10 nins and it starts to work. Good for de icing the windscreen in seconds though. Rather than waiting for the engine to warm up