306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Meets (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? (/showthread.php?tid=37081)

Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - cheapo - 09-10-2018

I haven't been to any 306 meets yet and I'd like to compare cars etc. I believe my "Scraper" was lowered by the previous owner so i'd like to see it alongside a standard 306 HDI and talk about mods etc.
 Anyone who wants to drive it and let me know about the suspension is welcome.
And I guess I should be honest and say that I may be moving the Scraper on soon and get an estate, (which will also get modded). I just need to carry more rubbish to the tip etc. Heh, and my RC gliders are getting bigger too. Rolleyes

RE: Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - Frosty - 09-10-2018

Yeah i defo be up for a devon meet. There's a few of us local around here. Maybe sort something out for a Sunday drive and a pub lunch?

RE: Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - cheapo - 09-10-2018

(09-10-2018, 08:46 PM)Frosty Wrote: Yeah i defo be up for a devon meet. There's a few of us local around here. Maybe sort something out for a Sunday drive and a pub lunch?

Sounds good to me Frosty. ThumbsUp

RE: Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - cully - 09-10-2018

mmmmm pub lunch!

When?

RE: Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - Frosty - 10-10-2018

(09-10-2018, 10:53 PM)cully Wrote: mmmmm pub lunch!

When?

When is good for you?

RE: Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - cully - 10-10-2018

(10-10-2018, 05:37 PM)Frosty Wrote:

When?

When is good for you?

Sat and Sunday dates I'm not working Take your pick Wink
Oct 27/28
Nov 17/18 or 24/25
Dec 15/16

RE: Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - Frosty - 10-10-2018

(10-10-2018, 07:03 PM)cully Wrote:
(10-10-2018, 05:37 PM)Frosty Wrote:

When?

When is good for you?

Sat and Sunday dates I'm not working Take your pick Wink
Oct 27/28
Nov 17/18 or 24/25
Dec 15/16

Either of them in November are good for me on a Sunday.

Anyone else be up for it?

RE: Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - cheapo - 12-10-2018

Teehee, I'll say that most dates are ok by me. But rainy days are better.
Huh  Dodgy Angel
That's because I'd prefer to be flying my RC gliders if conditions are right. Tongue
  So as the weather is shite, today and tomorrow look really good!!!  Rofl

So let's look at three of the weekends that Frosty suggested.

Please copy and paste the dates and names and add your name if you think you can make it.
I'm leaving out the Dec dates as that's right around the time my rusty chassis car gets MOT'd and I'm not sure it'll be a go-er or a scraper. Scraper (scrapper) Wink get it?

Oct 27
Frosty
cheapo

Oct 28
Frosty
cheapo

Nov 17
Frosty
cheapo

Nov 18
Frosty
cheapo

Nov 24
Frosty
cheapo

Nov 25
Frosty
cheapo

Just don't copy/paste the crap that I put in ok? Itwasntme

RE: Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - Frosty - 15-10-2018

Looking at cully's dates i don't think i will be able to do the 18th november as hope to be going to watch the football but i reckon the 25th should be fine. How does that sound to anyone else who is interested?

RE: Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - Dum-Dum - 15-10-2018

Where you thinking on the 25th?

RE: Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - cully - 15-10-2018

fix it then 25th Nov!

RE: Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - Frosty - 16-10-2018

(15-10-2018, 05:55 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Where you thinking on the 25th?

Not sure really, maybe a drive over dartmoor/exmoor? Or could even drive up to cheddar?

(15-10-2018, 08:02 PM)cully Wrote: fix it then 25th Nov!

Ideal, you have any ideas of where to go?

RE: Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - cheapo - 16-10-2018

25 Nov is fine by me. Cheddar Gorge could be good. Or Plymouth Hoooooooooooooooooooooo, or Brean Sands . . .

Or we could drive up and down the M5 wating for a pileup-tailback.

RE: Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - Dum-Dum - 17-10-2018

Sadly my shifts are changing and just having worked out my new pattern I think I'm working Sad

RE: Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - Frosty - 01-11-2018

We all still interested in this? I was thinking about starting an event on facebook to see if we can get a bit more interest.

RE: Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - cheapo - 04-11-2018

(01-11-2018, 07:00 PM)Frosty Wrote: We all still interested in this? I was thinking about starting an event on facebook to see if we can get a bit more interest.

I'm still up for it.  Smile

RE: Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - Frosty - 04-11-2018

(04-11-2018, 03:14 AM)cheapo Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 07:00 PM)Frosty Wrote: We all still interested in this? I was thinking about starting an event on facebook to see if we can get a bit more interest.

I'm still up for it.  Smile

Ideal, you based near Exeter? Just trying yo work out where would be best to go. Maybe a drive over dartmoor way and then to a pub in the afternoon for some food?

RE: Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - cheapo - 09-11-2018

Oops, soz forthelate reply Frosty. No,I'm not near Exeter, I'm IN Exeter !  Cool (that emoji looks kind of like a blind person)
 But I'm in Exeter with a broken clutch at the mo. DOH! Censored It just went this afternoon after squealing for a few days.

RE: Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - Stef205 - 09-11-2018

Could be interested, depends if I get the car back together if not I’ll come in the other thing.

RE: Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - Frosty - 09-11-2018

Ok, I don't really know what to suggest we do. Could meet at Exeter services and then come up with some kind of plan?

RE: Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - cheapo - 10-11-2018

Holy mazola!
 heh, I can't believe I'm the one who may not have a car for this meet!   Speechless  That's just embarrassing!  Blush

I was encouraged by a thread about possible clutch fixes and posted on that. Then yesterday the clutch stopped working on my way to an audiology appointment. I got the car home, having to make three stop-starts. Yes, you can drive a car clutchless, but it's best to do it with a car you don't give a s41t about too much.
But this morning it's borked.
I removed the clutch assist spring thingy from the side of the pedal, then made up a spacer to go at the clutch end of the cable. But with the engine running I merely pushed the clutch lever a little by hand, there was a mini explosion/rattle snake attack in the transfer casing!!! Doh
 Too much rain to do anything else today and the decently priced parts shops aren't open on Sunday. AND I don't know where the hell my trolley jack has got to! fek
 Should be dry tomorrow, so I'll empty the shed and see if it's there.

{edit before I've even posted it}
OMG I just looked through the clutch replacement guide thread, fek  Censored https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=21549&highlight=clutch and I can see where my garage guy is going to earn his money!!!! I've done this with one or two or three different cars in the past. I've changed engines, gear boxes and even skimmed my own cylinder heads in the past, but that looks so annoyingly annoying with all those little niggly bits that I know I'll screw up somewhere and throw stuff!  Itwasntme
 I'll get the bus in on Monday and get quote from the man.

RE: Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - Frosty - 13-11-2018

Cheapo shall we wait till another time so hopefully your car will be all up and running? Plus i've got so much on at the moment Sad

RE: Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - cully - 13-11-2018

:O...

RE: Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - Eeyore - 14-11-2018

Alternatively come to the christmas meet guys!

RE: Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - Frosty - 15-11-2018

(13-11-2018, 10:05 PM)cully Wrote: :O...

If you are still keen we could do something but numbers aren't looking great either? Or another date?

(14-11-2018, 09:21 AM)Eeyore Wrote: Alternatively come to the christmas meet guys!

I would of but already got plans on that weekend

RE: Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - cheapo - 17-11-2018

(13-11-2018, 10:05 PM)cully Wrote: :O...

Sorry Cully, I was searching for a facepalm emoji!!! Dodgy

Yes, delaying the meet may be the best choice.

Now I'm trying to get some money out of my pension funds. Shoudn'tbe difficult, but can take weeks.  Itwasntme

And I may not be a Pug owner after this anyhoo. All depends on circs.

RE: Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - Frosty - 17-11-2018

Ok, cully what do you want to do?

RE: Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - cully - 18-11-2018

not fussed but you have my dates i am available

RE: Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - cheapo - 19-11-2018

Sooo, I mentioned to my mech that if the cost is over £150, then it'll be too much. He said, well the clutch kit on it's own is £160. So I'm leaving it and will be shopping for another car as soon as some money appears. (Pension companies seem to love dragging their heels at times)
 That means that The Scraper will be up for grabs for super cheap if someone wants it. Heh, and I don't even have 100 posts so can't advertise it. Tongue

RE: Anyone fancy a SW, Devon, or Exeter meet before Xmas? - cully - 20-11-2018

(19-11-2018, 09:17 PM)cheapo Wrote: Sooo, I mentioned to my mech that if the cost is over £150, then it'll be too much. He said, well the clutch kit on it's own is £160. So I'm leaving it and will be shopping for another car as soon as some money appears. (Pension companies seem to love dragging their heels at times)
 That means that The Scraper will be up for grabs for super cheap if someone wants it. Heh, and I don't even have 100 posts so can't advertise it. Tongue

oh dear!

there is £50 here for it if you can get it to cullompton i will drive you back to exeter Wink