306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up (/showthread.php?tid=3684)

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Supercharging in process! - Grant - 15-12-2013

(15-12-2013, 12:05 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: You will also learn 100 times more shit doing it yourself...you learn nothing bolting stuff on except how to work a spanner, and you cant learn that properly either as everything just bolts together easily, no "bending this" "semi crossing that" "tweaking with a drill twisting around that" lol.

Also this will sound 100 times better than a centrifugal SC, whine ftw, i miss my dervs charger soooo bad!! You will never drive past a single person again taht dosnt turn there head and think either "WTF is in that car ", or more likely due to most peoples dumbness, "WTF is wrong with that car!!!!"

And Niall was getting all funny about me elongating holes, and threading things through whatsits.... lol

I must say, i cannot wait to hear this screaming away when it's built up

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Supercharging in process! - Niall - 15-12-2013

Thanks Darren. I'm glad I've done it tbh. The amount I've spent now, I could of just got a second hand lynx kit but I've taught my self a lot this way and have really enjoyed doing it all.
Yeah the whine is going to be far from subtle and I'm expecting loads of "your aux belt is far too right comments" lol but they do sound good hammering it around to the limiter.

Now my biggest worry is seeing how well the belt lasts and that will be the test to see how accurate we have got the bracket lol

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Supercharging in process! - Martin306 - 15-12-2013

(15-12-2013, 12:05 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: You will also learn 100 times more shit doing it yourself...you learn nothing bolting stuff on except how to work a spanner, and you cant learn that properly either as everything just bolts together easily, no "bending this" "semi crossing that" "tweaking with a drill twisting around that" lol.

Also this will sound 100 times better than a centrifugal SC, whine ftw, i miss my dervs charger soooo bad!! You will never drive past a single person again taht dosnt turn there head and think either "WTF is in that car ", or more likely due to most peoples dumbness, "WTF is wrong with that car!!!!"

You don't need a SC for that, just a NAD like mine - with air chuffing past the inlet valve and a whiney tensioner. Big Grin

(15-12-2013, 11:08 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: Sorry for not reading the whole thing bit what are you doing regarding recirc valve/dump valve? Off the charger that is

Just going to fit a recirc valve into where the recirc was on the charger. Got one from a Scooby but not sure if it will flow enough air so may have to change that once it's running.

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Supercharging in process! - Craigus - 15-12-2013

This has come along pretty quick, looks good!

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Supercharging in process! - lewisdmz - 15-12-2013

Loving the parts photos, the Bilstein set up is excellent, always getting compliments on mine about how nice the ride is.

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Supercharging in process! - Ben - 15-12-2013

Are you having to get a belt specially made or have you managed to position the charger so that you can use a belt that already exists?

(15-12-2013, 09:17 PM)Ben Wrote: Are you having to get a belt specially made or have you managed to position the charger so that you can use a belt that already exists?

Nah there are belts out there in virtually every imaginable length so ill measure it up tomorrow and get one ordered.

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Charging almost there - darrenjlobb - 15-12-2013

just use an old belt, cut in two (needs to be to long) wrap it around verlap, mark the overlap, lay it flat and measure it Smile Thats how i always did mine, works a treat and is 100% accurate Smile win win

then just 6pkxxxx where xxxx s the lenth in mm's

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Charging almost there - Niall - 18-12-2013

Charger bracket went off to Dan yesterday (On here selling harness bars) for properly welding. He's sent me a few pics today and its ready to pick up tomorrow meaning i can get it painted up at the weekend, bolted up, belt measured up then get all the small annoying little bits on!

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Charging almost there - Grant - 18-12-2013

That looks pukka.

Top job as always Dan ThumbsUp

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Charging almost there - Tom - 18-12-2013

Cannot wait for the epic noise this is going to make! Done for FCS 14?

(18-12-2013, 11:10 PM)Tom Wrote: Cannot wait for the epic noise this is going to make! Done for FCS 14?

I bloody hope so! Ive taken the first week in Feb off work and so kindly has Grant so the engine will be going in then (if not before) and i hope to get it booked in for mapping on the Friday so then I've got a few months to run it in and get rid of any little niggling problems.

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Charging almost there - Grant - 18-12-2013

(18-12-2013, 11:12 PM)Niall Wrote: I bloody hope so! Ive taken the first week in Feb off work and so kindly has Grant so the engine will be going in then (if not before) and i hope to get it booked in for mapping on the Friday so then I've got a few months to run it in and squeeze more boost out

EFA Wink

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Charging almost there - Tom - 18-12-2013

Sweet man, might well get to see this and hear it most importantly at my first ever fcs :p

(18-12-2013, 11:13 PM)Grant Wrote:
(18-12-2013, 11:12 PM)Niall Wrote: I bloody hope so! Ive taken the first week in Feb off work and so kindly has Grant so the engine will be going in then (if not before) and i hope to get it booked in for mapping on the Friday so then I've got a few months to run it in and squeeze more boost out

EFA Wink

Is it bad I've already been looking at bigger chargers? lol

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Charging almost there - Dum-Dum - 19-12-2013

LOL I was looking at M90s and M112s on ebay just the other night thinking that they'd make some properly epic boost on a 2.1XUD

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Charging almost there - Craigus - 19-12-2013

Going on the track at fcs 14 ?? Tongue

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Charging almost there - floz123 - 19-12-2013

He'd better!! Wink

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Charging almost there - jammapic - 19-12-2013

(19-12-2013, 03:37 PM)floz123 Wrote: He'd better!! Wink

Agreed... I want to see how a Throttle Bodied '6 compares! ;-)

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Charging almost there - Niall - 19-12-2013

Yeah I'll be on track at FCS providing it doesn't break down on the way :p

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Charging almost there - floz123 - 19-12-2013

Shhh don't say that!!

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Charging almost there - Grant - 19-12-2013

So not track then? Wink lol

Re: RE: Nialls GTi6 - Charging almost there - floz123 - 19-12-2013

(19-12-2013, 04:43 PM)Grant Wrote: So not track then? Wink lol

Wink

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Charging almost there - silverzx - 19-12-2013

Nom nom nom Charger!

Nialls GTi6 - Charging almost there - Jonny b - 19-12-2013

Lookin quality bud!!!! Fair play to you ɑnd grant, can't wait to see ιt in the car!!!

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Charging almost there - ginge191 - 20-12-2013

Shotgun first passenger trip ThumbsUp

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Charging almost there - Niall - 20-12-2013

(20-12-2013, 04:44 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Shotgun first passenger trip ThumbsUp

Thats fine. Just means you'll have to come up and help with the install in Feb!

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Charging almost there - floz123 - 20-12-2013

Looking forward to that. Will definitely try and lend a hand if Im about mate. Will see about space too Wink

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Charging almost there - Niall - 20-12-2013

(20-12-2013, 05:48 PM)floz123 Wrote: Looking forward to that. Will definitely try and lend a hand if Im about mate. Will see about space too Wink

As i said yesterday Dan, No worries if not but if there is a space going for a week, ill happily bung you and your mate some cash and a few beers!