306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up (/showthread.php?tid=3684)

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - Niall - 09-07-2013

Do not sand your car! It wont help at all! Get a very good quality cut on it (meguiars 105 is the best ive used so far), get it back to a nice look, go over with a coat or two of meguiars 205 to bring back that shine then get a good quality wax on it then make sure you keep up with waxing it. Some waxes last longer than others (i use Dodo juice blue velvet and it is still beading after 6 months!) but just keep on top of cleaning and waxing.

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - ginge191 - 09-07-2013

top work with the brakes! they look spot on. But i notice you didnt put any etching on?

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - Niall - 09-07-2013

(09-07-2013, 06:18 PM)ginge191 Wrote: top work with the brakes! they look spot on. But i notice you didnt put any etching on?

Nope at some point they will have a proper refurb. The paint ended up pretty shitty and i had a few leaks so the fluid has taken a few bits off. Once the two shows are out of the way, i may go back to the gti ones for a week or two and send them off for proper powder coating. Just wanted to get them on for the shows as i plan on going up the hill and maybe a session at FCS and i thought the pads on my 6 brakes had had it (turns out i forgot i replaced them a few k ago Tongue )

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - Niall - 15-07-2013

Well got back from Pugfest yesterday evening and the car was absolutely faultless! Had a brilliant time and cant wait for next year! Did have a bit of a fail when reversing out of the stand to go for my run up the hill. Hit a line pin that was next to my car to hold up a tiger tape fence...no tiger tape on it so i hit it, dented the wing quite badly, scratched the rub strip and sill trim. Thankfully the scratching polished straight out and Dominic was an absolute hero and got rid of most of the dent!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8657]

Anyway, onto the hill climb and on the first hairpin, tried to change down to 2nd and the stick came straight back to the handbrake. out to neutral and a bit softer into 2nd and i had it but by that time, i understeered all the way round and ended up half in the gravel trap which unfortunately Danny just missed by literally a second in this video

http://youtu.be/kzCptBvKQiE

All in all, epic day out minus the two epic fails!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8650]

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - Niall - 29-07-2013

Well took this to FCS this weekend but unfortunately it didnt behave its self as well as it did for Pugfest.
Wednesday, i was having really bad smells of fuel from the exhaust. Smelt worse than a decatted 6 and this isnt. Plugged in PP and the lambda has had it. Cant complain really as its the first thing thats packed up on the car since ive owned it and its genuine so well over due replacement. Unfortunately i couldnt get a replacement in time for the show which meant ive done 300ish miles to £80 of fuel Sad. Last section of the convoy on friday i averaged 11.5mpg Sad. Anyway over the weekend i could feel it getting more and more sluggish. Got home and today plugged in PP again to discover its just not doing anything at all now! Hope the new one turns up soon!
Also had a few issues there. I raised the rear as there was 3 people in the car but still had scrubbing issues. The window decided to drop in the door on sunday meaning i had to drive home sweating my tits off because i couldnt put it down and someone at some point in the weekend has hit the back of the car and took some paint off the bumper. Not cool! Dodgy

On the plus side, had lots of compliments on the car from random people when on stand including one guy offering me money for the car. Car behaved very well in the corners which we all slowed down for on the parade lap. The new Pilot Sport 3s i fitted after Pugfest give unreal levels of grip. Was just having a few moments trying to keep the back in shape lol

Anyway, few pics that someone took over the weekend which i found on FB. Cant remember who now lol

Overall, show was much better than previous years. Well chuffed that the club got 3rd place out of 45 and happy for Pellowe that his car won 1st in his paddock. Oh and i also treated the car to some pressed plates because im a tart like that.

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - cwspellowe - 29-07-2013

f*ck off, you were saying you were bored by 10am. You were a right grumpy barsteward all weekend lmao

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - Niall - 29-07-2013

(29-07-2013, 04:15 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: f*ck off, you were saying you were bored by 10am. You were a right grumpy barsteward all weekend lmao

f*ck off you northern monkey i was grumpy because i had to meet you! Im not taking over the world with you if you can't even speak english properly!

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - Curt - 29-07-2013

Another for you Smile

[Image: 9394709560_db02c165b9.jpg]
DSC_3012 by Curtis Footman, on Flickr

Cheers Curt just found it on FB as well Smile

Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - Alee83 - 30-07-2013

(29-07-2013, 03:55 PM)Niall Wrote: Anyway, few pics that someone took over the weekend which i found on FB. Cant remember who now lol

That would be me...! Wink

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - Niall - 30-07-2013

Ah yeah cheers dude Smile

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - Dum-Dum - 30-07-2013

(29-07-2013, 03:55 PM)Niall Wrote: someone at some point in the weekend has hit the back of the car and took some paint off the bumper. Not cool! Dodgy

Dafuq? Do you know when/where? That really sucks.

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - Niall - 30-07-2013

(30-07-2013, 05:58 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(29-07-2013, 03:55 PM)Niall Wrote: someone at some point in the weekend has hit the back of the car and took some paint off the bumper. Not cool! Dodgy

Dafuq? Do you know when/where? That really sucks.

Nope. Noticed it Sunday morning. Bit of paint missing and some damaged. Almost looks like someone has done it as if they were pulling out of a parallel space behind me.

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - Scott - 30-07-2013

Oh man what a shitter Sad that sucks. Any chance it'll polish out?

Nope its separated the paint from the plastic. Needs a respray Sad
Still its going to the body shop in a few months for a new wing and bonnet so might get it sorted then

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - 306GT30 - 30-07-2013

Looks great mate!!!! love this car

sounds great to

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - Dum-Dum - 30-07-2013

Dude, that sucks, so glad I've got a shit car sometimes. Crashed into Poodle at Curts (not an accident) and not one single f*ck was given lol.

Yeah tbh more and more im starting not to care about how it looks. Cant have nice things at all when other people have got to park next to them!

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - Just Sean - 30-07-2013

I've found I've been parking miles away from everyone, and whenever I return theirs always people parked next to me. Its so frustrating

(30-07-2013, 06:51 PM)Niall Wrote: Yeah tbh more and more im starting not to care about how it looks. Cant have nice things at all when other people have got to park next to them!
People are such lady gardens these days, worst thing is chances are its another car lover if it happened over the weekend.

(30-07-2013, 07:02 PM)Just Sean Wrote: I've found I've been parking miles away from everyone, and whenever I return theirs always people parked next to me. Its so frustrating
Yeah that makes me angry, I parked in a line of 30 spaces at a service station yesterday at 6am an within 5mins someone had parked next to me and so close it was a squeeze to get into the car. All the other spaces were still empty and id parked right in the middle

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - Curt - 30-07-2013

My roof has a very strange scratch on it from the weekend, too.

Yep i made a point of parking far away last time i went to the shops. Came back 20 mins later and there is a van next to me! What the hell! On top of having the nerve to damage others cars and not care, do these people also not care about the damage they are doing to their own cars!

(30-07-2013, 07:30 PM)Curt Wrote: My roof has a very strange scratch on it from the weekend, too.

Will be really annoyed if it was people from the campsite. I wasnt fussed about all of us squeezing in at the campsite as i thought we are all of the same opinion and would respect each others cars!

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - vlj - 30-07-2013

(30-07-2013, 07:30 PM)Curt Wrote: My roof has a very strange scratch on it from the weekend, too.

I have a new scratch on my roof too, came out after a while.. fairly sure it was from where we were parked under that tree

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - Curt - 30-07-2013

You would have thought so, yeah! it was noticed on Saturday, in the car park by Fozzy... So there wasn't much opportunity of it happening anywhere else tbh

(30-07-2013, 07:35 PM)vlj Wrote: I have a new scratch on my roof too, came out after a while.. fairly sure it was from where we were parked under that tree

No way this is coming out, it's taken the paint off. It didn't come from a tree...

Thats f*cked up, I cant believe we have members like that. I'm so careful with other peoples cars unless I know its people who don't care

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - Scott - 30-07-2013

That's extremely disappointing to hear on both counts, it sounds like someone could have put something on top of the car while getting something out of their own (I'm thinking a bottle?).

In all fairness, no one is to say it was done intentionally. Accidents happen but dont forget there was also other cars not from our club parked in that row!

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - C2K - 31-07-2013

MichelWINs! Inlove

Have been running Michelins (albeit Energy Savers) on the HDi for 4 years now.

This is looking nice on the Turinis I must say.

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - Poodle - 31-07-2013

Sucks about the damage dude, got to echo dum-dum tbh. Was funny as f*ck when he just casually shouldered my car, actually loling now remembering it!

And snap on the michelins, loving the pe2s! Big Grin